Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
why dont some weapons break
08-06-2008, 03:33 AM
why dont some weapons break
the title says its self? why?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2008, 03:35 AM
RE: why dont some weapons break
Well, from the (weaker) realism point of view, there's little chance of a crowbar breaking while you use it...

But (more importantly) many of the weapons that don't break have weaker abilities. Still with the crowbar example, you'd only ever activate it if you have ties with the zombies -- so you'd rarely ever even get a chance to use it to see if it breaks. This makes the item simpler for the rules. Other items that could come in to play nearly every combat (such as the baseball bat or welding torch) have combat bonuses that you use actively (and would use often), so they have break chances to limit their long term power.

There are certainly items items that I personally feel should fall into another category. For example, the circular saw seems mighty powerful once it's drawn. I always find myself using a zombie card to nix that one at a very high priority. This is because it both is active in nearly every combat, and also doesn't break.

Now, putting the chainsaw in Jenny's hands (she makes all weapons unbreakable) is a scary sight!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-07-2008, 03:50 AM
mqstout Wrote:Well, from the (weaker) realism point of view, there's little chance of a crowbar breaking while you use it...

But (more importantly) many of the weapons that don't break have weaker abilities. Still with the crowbar example, you'd only ever activate it if you have ties with the zombies -- so you'd rarely ever even get a chance to use it to see if it breaks. This makes the item simpler for the rules. Other items that could come in to play nearly every combat (such as the baseball bat or welding torch) have combat bonuses that you use actively (and would use often), so they have break chances to limit their long term power.

There are certainly items items that I personally feel should fall into another category. For example, the circular saw seems mighty powerful once it's drawn. I always find myself using a zombie card to nix that one at a very high priority. This is because it both is active in nearly every combat, and also doesn't break.

Now, putting the chainsaw in Jenny's hands (she makes all weapons unbreakable) is a scary sight!

how does she make everything unbreakable? lots of things can still break even if you add the plus one to it and the chainsaw you dont even roll to see if it breaks so that wouldnt even do anything for her.

i think the fence post should break.
08-07-2008, 04:17 AM
deadrabbit Wrote:how does she make everything unbreakable? lots of things can still break even if you add the plus one to it and the chainsaw you dont even roll to see if it breaks so that wouldnt even do anything for her.

i think the fence post should break.

Okay, I'm mis-remembering (I am tired after a day riding roller coasters!) the Chainsaw -- but she's definitely a power player with some melee weapons.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-09-2008, 04:02 PM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2008 04:04 PM by Canadian Pittbull.)
Jenny is really good with stuff not breaking cause she is a Country Girl they have a better understanding of how to fix things that most City Slickers. Zombie03

Also the heroes have enough going against them to have every weapon break more often that needs to. I think how it is set up makes there be enough of a chance of breakage. Fence posts don't generally break especially the big suckers unless they are rather old and rotted. If you have ever done any fencing on a farm those posts are pretty sturdy! And if it is not nearly deadly enough create some variant rules. Remember it is your game Zombie Master! :P

"Dead is Dead. Parts is parts. Dead guys is parts."-Ripperjack.

"When There Is No More Room In Hell, Paul W.S. Anderson Films Walk The Earth."
08-11-2008, 04:30 AM
Canadian Pittbull Wrote:Jenny is really good with stuff not breaking cause she is a Country Girl they have a better understanding of how to fix things that most City Slickers. Zombie03

Also the heroes have enough going against them to have every weapon break more often that needs to. I think how it is set up makes there be enough of a chance of breakage. Fence posts don't generally break especially the big suckers unless they are rather old and rotted. If you have ever done any fencing on a farm those posts are pretty sturdy! And if it is not nearly deadly enough create some variant rules. Remember it is your game Zombie Master! :P

who uses a fence post? if a person could even pick up a fence post they wouldn't be swinging it fast at all. not fast enough for a plus one fight dice any way. and when you swung it at a zombie the inertia would keep you moving leaving you open for attack by a different zombie. all an all a fence post is not only a far fetch weapon but an impractical, ineffective one.