Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
zeppelin movement, variation
05-14-2013, 08:56 PM
zeppelin movement, variation
So, it doesn't say this in the rules but it's how we play with the zeppelin. We count each space as only 1 for the zeppelin, even if they are moving over ocean. Since it is flying it would take it less time, plus we find that it almost never reaches its destination otherwise.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-14-2013, 09:45 PM
RE: zeppelin movement, variation
I have to disagree. The oceans are vast (the board map isn't to scale) and should be more costly / dangerous to pass. I find the Zeppelin / War Zeppelin does actually reach its destination quite frequently.
05-14-2013, 10:04 PM
True, but the heroes have the option to fly to the cities, so I always assumed the reason that the spaces in the oceans cost so much was because they were traveling by boat; and, you must just draw better (or worse depending on how you look at it) with the Zeppelin.
05-15-2013, 01:55 PM
I can see where you are coming from, but, I am not sure if zeppelins were as fast as planes. I make them follow the board rules as it makes more sense to me. Plus the more the Zeppelin arrives at it's destination, the quicker it is to lose against the Nazis, which isn't that hard as it is.

I think they are pretty balanced the way they are, however you are free to do as you like. It is just a game.
05-17-2013, 04:46 PM
Ah, Wasteland Jack, we haven't played co-op yet, so I can see where that could be a valid point
05-17-2013, 06:29 PM
(05-17-2013 04:46 PM)gamerguy Wrote:  Ah, Wasteland Jack, we haven't played co-op yet, so I can see where that could be a valid point

Co-op against the Mob is the best way of playing this game IMHO
05-17-2013, 08:59 PM (This post was last modified: 05-17-2013 08:59 PM by Wasteland Jack.)
(05-17-2013 04:46 PM)gamerguy Wrote:  Ah, Wasteland Jack, we haven't played co-op yet, so I can see where that could be a valid point

Villain Event cards make the game that much harder.

Achtung Panzer Wrote:Co-op against the Mob is the best way of playing this game IMHO

I think they both have their challenges. But I do agree the additional fortune per villain round does keep you on your toes.