Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
zombicide!! the board game
01-14-2012, 10:33 PM
RE: zombicide!! the board game
(01-14-2012 12:13 AM)zombie67 Wrote:  
(01-13-2012 02:09 AM)vikinglad Wrote:  Intrigued by the little "Cool Mini or Not" logo on the corner of the box art, I typed it into google and found it to be the "internet's largest gallery of painted miniatures and miniature painting art." I have never heard of it, so if I am being a noob right now, please excuse me. I just thought I would mention it to anyone that wanted to take a look.

Cool minis, by the way. Hard to justify another zombie game right now, and even harder to imagine it is better than LNOE, but I would give it a try at a friends house for free.

Our very own Supervike is a member over at Cool Minis and may even be a mod over there if I remember correctly.

I agree with you, VL, can't really see the point in buying another Z game as for me LNOE ticks all the boxes - cool minis or not! (see what I did there.)

so you dont think it a good idea to buy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-15-2012, 08:25 PM
(01-14-2012 10:33 PM)bradfry2005 Wrote:  
(01-14-2012 12:13 AM)zombie67 Wrote:  
(01-13-2012 02:09 AM)vikinglad Wrote:  Intrigued by the little "Cool Mini or Not" logo on the corner of the box art, I typed it into google and found it to be the "internet's largest gallery of painted miniatures and miniature painting art." I have never heard of it, so if I am being a noob right now, please excuse me. I just thought I would mention it to anyone that wanted to take a look.

Cool minis, by the way. Hard to justify another zombie game right now, and even harder to imagine it is better than LNOE, but I would give it a try at a friends house for free.

Our very own Supervike is a member over at Cool Minis and may even be a mod over there if I remember correctly.

I agree with you, VL, can't really see the point in buying another Z game as for me LNOE ticks all the boxes - cool minis or not! (see what I did there.)

so you dont think it a good idea to buy

Being honest with you bradfry I haven't even read up on the new game as, for me personally, LNOE ticks all the boxes for what I want from a zombie game, so I feel I don't need to buy another one and am really not interested in gene looking at any others.
01-15-2012, 09:52 PM
We shall wait and see.....if the reviews are all ++++ then its a definite buy. It looks nice but lets hope the mechanics add to the game rather than take away.
01-28-2012, 09:17 PM
Well, I'd buy it for the minis alone. But I'm a sucker that way.

I am indeed a Moderator over at Cool Mini, but haven't heard a peep about this.

Zalgo....he comes.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-13-2012, 07:17 AM
Wow! I'm not ready to invest in a similar genre board game as I've just ordered expansion packs for LNOE but those minis look terrific! How does the scale of the minis compare to LNOE??
04-21-2012, 01:08 AM
The Zombicide Kick Starter just reached $65K, which will give to everyone that pledge for the Abomination pack or above ($100 or more) a Zombicide T-shirt + 2 additionnal Fatty miniatures :

[Image: Mini_Fatty.jpg]

At $75K we get nice set of glow in the dark Zombicide dices :

[Image: Zomb%20Dice%203D_Glow%20the%20dark%20x6.jpeg]

At $85K we get an additional Abomination miniature for each Abomination pack :

[Image: Mini_Abomination.jpg]

There is a video of the gameplay on the following link :

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cool.../zombicide

Now this just looks like the best Zombie board/miniature game ever!
04-21-2012, 02:30 AM
Thanks for the update, seeing the gameplay helps clear up how it will proceed.
04-22-2012, 01:57 AM
I don't know if I want to play this game but I do want to paint the miniatures so I decided to back the project. If they scale nicely with LNoE it will be a bonus. My wife won't be impressed, though. As recently I've been on a bit of a board game purchasing frenzy.
04-22-2012, 04:57 AM
See, this game was on my radar until i saw the weightlifting, zombie?...what?
I like my zombies lean slow and dead...when the figs start to look like a take on L4D....i start to lose interest...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-22-2012, 05:20 AM
not a fan of the mechanics or the win condition but the minis are amazing.

when life hands you zombies, rev up your chainsaw.
[IMG]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g269/pluguglie/PlugUglie.png[/IMG]