Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
zombicide!! the board game
07-17-2012, 02:47 PM
RE: zombicide!! the board game
This second though is good however it ends reducind the pace... which is a frequent complain...

But all 1's hit survivors are somewhat reasonable. After all you knew you wasnt AIMING against a friend which is good... but you knew there was a chance of hitting then, and still took the chance! so its your problem

A good measure for the power of a weapon is how cool it looks...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-21-2012, 04:46 AM
Man, a friend showed me this Kickstarter earlier in the year, and now I really wish I had hopped on it to get all that cool stuff at the $100. For you guys that are getting the game, let us know how compatible it may be with LNOE! I would love to play some LNOE in urban maps, especially with those awesome minis!
08-21-2012, 11:12 AM
Sharkey...

you should totally look their homepage.

http://www.guillotinegames.com

there you can download the rulebook... and have some thoughts yourself...

But once my zombicide arrives... each character of LNOE will have it's own character sheet in zombicide
and each zombicider will have a LNOE Character Sheet...

08-21-2012, 04:34 PM
Thanks for the link! Read up the rules and it actually sounds really awesome! While I absolutely love LNOE, Zombicide seems to provide a quicker game that's easier to pick up for newbies, and provides some crazy situations with the massive zombie hordes.

There are some rules I'll be definitely changing, such as Heroes always being shot first from range (would instead be hit on a roll of 1). I found a set for $70 after shipping, so went ahead and ordered. I also like some of the promo characters a lot, so may have to pick up a few at a reasonable price. Will definitely have some fun mixing LNOE and Zombicide rules/pieces as well!
08-21-2012, 08:25 PM
I got mine right before GenCon (literally, the day before). I've unwrapped it a bit but haven't had time to examine it (especially not the rules) yet.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-22-2012, 02:53 PM
The bad part about the promos is that if you weren't a kickstarter... well you probably will not have a chance to get them...

08-22-2012, 10:14 PM
(08-22-2012 02:53 PM)j0hnnn Wrote:  The bad part about the promos is that if you weren't a kickstarter... well you probably will not have a chance to get them...

I hope not, they could definitely make some money on those as the molds have been made already. It would suck if they charge $10/figure, but I wouldn't be surprised as that's how much they were going for on the Kickstarter.
08-23-2012, 02:43 AM
Not wanting to be a buzz killer but it was part of the kickstart that the promos were somewhat exclusive to kickstarters... but who knows...

09-16-2012, 10:05 AM
(08-21-2012 04:34 PM)Sharkey Wrote:  There are some rules I'll be definitely changing, such as Heroes always being shot first from range (would instead be hit on a roll of 1).

I wouldn't be so quick to house rule that before trying the game out as designed first. When reading the rules I was against the idea of always hitting survivors first but upon playing the game I believe it is a pretty good rule. Perhaps not thematically, but it plays well. Makes for a much more challenging and strategic game experience. I've only played through 4 games so far, but as of yet not a single survivor has taken a wound from ranged combat.
09-16-2012, 09:15 PM
Yeah I've been playing my copy and seeing the rules in action makes a lot more sense. I haven't done any house rules with the game so far, and definitely loving making custom heroes and scenarios with the map editor!