Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
zombies and walls
09-11-2012, 09:25 PM
RE: zombies and walls
(09-11-2012 03:22 PM)PJON Wrote:  You can run, but you cant hide.

Yes. My favorite part of explaining the game to newbies is the movement, when they hear Zombies can go through walls they get that look in their eyes like they know they are going to die.

And they are.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2012, 10:16 AM
(09-11-2012 12:46 PM)ForestRunner Wrote:  The game is fundamentally broken without the zombies ability to move through walls.

Even if somehow there was compensation to allow zombies to move more than one space every turn, it still trashes the whole zombie hunger part of the deal.

Excactly. It's fundamental to the game and the movies that I know of, that zombies are able to swarm the hole town. They simple don't come knocking on your door.

Perhaps you should approach this differently, zombielover77. Instead of rule talk sit her down with a desent stock of zombie films and let her figure it out. Then try altering the rules and she'll be like whaaat? Zombies can't move through walls?

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-12-2012, 11:10 AM
I was doing exactly that and now thank god she understands the whole concept job done :-) :-)
09-12-2012, 12:44 PM
Excellent outcome.

Now let the massacre begi..... errr, I mean... happy gaming, ZL77 Insane04

I don't suffer from insanity... I love every minute of it...
09-12-2012, 08:13 PM
(09-12-2012 10:16 AM)scarydk Wrote:  
(09-11-2012 12:46 PM)ForestRunner Wrote:  The game is fundamentally broken without the zombies ability to move through walls.

Even if somehow there was compensation to allow zombies to move more than one space every turn, it still trashes the whole zombie hunger part of the deal.

Excactly. It's fundamental to the game and the movies that I know of, that zombies are able to swarm the hole town. They simple don't come knocking on your door.

Perhaps you should approach this differently, zombielover77. Instead of rule talk sit her down with a desent stock of zombie films and let her figure it out. Then try altering the rules and she'll be like whaaat? Zombies can't move through walls?

Definitely good advice. If there is one thing that is almost always a theme in zombie movies, it is that hiding inside a building almost never works out. Eventually, the zombies find a way to get in.