TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Favorite Board/Card Games of All Time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So what other games do you like to play other than ATOE and LNOE? I think these games appeal to lots of people, even those (like me) who aren't big on horror-themed games.

If I had to pick my favorites of the ones I own, they'd be (no particular order):
-- HeroQuest
-- Settlers of Catan, and the Seafarers of Catan expansion
-- A Touch of Evil
-- Apples to Apples the card game
-- Fluxx the card game
-- The Great Dalmuti card game

Your turn.
The only game lately that's been competing for time in my group over LNOE (and usually winning) is Dominion.

My other favorites that I still force in when I can are Settlers (of course) and Fury of Dracula. Apples to Apples is the icebreaker game. Many others, of course, are owned or occasionally played.

Oh yeah: RPGs weren't solicited, but that's *mostly* what we play. D&D and occasionally others.

Also, I play MTG. Casually (usually just with my mate and a couple of our friends).
The other game that Kath & I play the most is Arkham Horror. We also occasionally play Middle Earth Quest and Descent.

On more mainstream we both like a game of Trivial Pursuit.

The only card game we play is Monty Python Flux, which is a great quick game.

As you have asked about all time faves, the two that stick in my mind from childhood are Alley Cats and Planet of the Apes. I loved those two. In fact last year I bought a copy of PotA from Ebay but the counters were cut wrong so I had to send it back.
Of all time?

board games....

monopoly. Risk. Axis and Allies. Last Night on Earth. Space Hulk.

card games...(no fancy decks for me, just regular playing cards)

Shit on Your Neighbor...... this was 'UNO' for people before UNO was invented.
Penny Ante poker.
War

I'm really more interested in 'tabletop' games...Ie Skirmishes w/miniatures.
Reference URL's