TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Zombies in Afghanistan!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have introduced myself before, but I figured I would post this. I am currently deployed to Kabul, Afghanistan, and tomorrow night I will be introducing last night on earth to a bunch of the guys. Should be a good time. If there are any LNoE players in the Kabul area drop me a line.....Now is Flying Frog would just make a military expansion to LNoE.

Salcor
Stay out of harms way..thanks for the service.

OD
Nice hearing from you Salcor!

We'd love to see a gaming report from Kabul. That'd be awesome! (especially with pictures!)

Stay safe and come home soon!
Well, I introduced my boardgame group here in Afghanistan to Last Night on Earth last Thursday night (We are embedded air advisors working with the Afghan Air Force, Thursday is their Friday and Friday is their Saturday.) Warmed the 4 guys up with Die Zombie Die. The 4 new guys played the heroes and I played the zombies. It had been a while since I played so I did a few small things wrong (like limiting my had to two zombie cards instead of 4). The board included the High school tile, the gun shop tile, the hospital tile, and the police station tile. The heroes were Jake, Jenny, Sally, and Johnny. I will admit that I ended up loosing even though I had a ton of zombies on the board (in fact at one point Jake was in the hanger trying to get the flare gun, and I played "they took over the ..." and it ended up being the hanger. So he was surrounded by like 7 zombies (4 for the building and 3 from outside). Unfortunately he ended up rolling really well with assistance from the other heroes cards. I have to admit that the gun shop and or the hanger suck when played correctly by the heroes. It also helped that the person playing Johnny found the bat on the first draw. Man that is a powerful combination.

Everyone liked the game and even though it was late we played another scenario. This time it was "Burn em out" and we added the full advanced game decks (probably a little much for the second game but they are all smart guys.) This time we had the hospital, the farm, the junkyard, and the graveyard tiles. The heroes were the sheriff, johnny, sally, and billy (I was playing billy). For most of the game we spend huddled down in a few buildings just searching for dynamite, gasoline, and flame sources. It wasn't until about turn 10 that we found dynamite, and then on turn 12 we found a flare. Unfortunately, the sheriff was in the barn setting the dynamite waiting on the flare. So since Billy has the extra movement I got the flare and tried to sprint to the barn (at a speed of 2 each time). When I finally rolled well the barn door was block (thus the use of the fire extinguisher to clear my path.) So that destroyed one spawn pit. As we were destroying that one, Johnny found another thing of dynamite, and ran off to the hospital. So against Billy had to sprint to the other side of the board, but the barn door was blocked, so an "escape through the windows" saved the day. Second spawn pit destroyed, but unfortunately sally suffered from a "I'm feeling kind of funny..." and became a zombie hero. (at this point Johnny was infected too.) While this was going on the sheriff found both a lighter and some gasoline while fighting off zombies in the barn. So the crew sprinted over to the graveyard with 3 turns to spare. The graveyard had a few zombies in it that refused to die, but the zombie player gaffed and placed a spawning pit in the police station which was close to the players. So the sheriff set about destroying it, and the other heroes (with the nurse popping up the last few turns) surrounded the police station to put a skirmish line between the sheriff and the zombies. And to further hold them at bay blocked windows kept the zombies from crashing through the church to get to they sheriff. The last spawning pit was burned at the beginning of round one on the sun tracker....

It was a fun time and everyone enjoyed the game. So we still have a few new scenarios to play until my wife ships me my copy of growing hunger and the hero pack 1 and zombie weapons package. I also have the downloaded scenarios it should be a good time. I will post pictured next time.

Salcor
Nice report

OD
Well greetings from the lands of far away Zombies. The land very close to the beginning of World War Z. Round 2 of Zombies in Afghanistan. Today we played Defend the manor. I won't go into specifics to keep it short. Essentially we the heroes lost. The zombie player did a good job of biding his time to move as many zombies into the manor at once, and we did not use the tactic of human sacrifice to draw them out of the manor. It was a good win. Although it is funny since the other players have a little bit of experience now they are getting very specific with the rules and what the cards state on them. But it was fun even though we lost.

Second game was Save the Townfolk. It was a great game, we the heroes won. It helped that I had Jacob Cartwright to draw two cards and discard one. In addition to a couple good uses of "Just what I needed," helped too. In the end a massive battle with revolvers, chain saws, and baseball bats around a taken over gun store. It ended with an exploding can of gasoline killing the last of the zombies. I did have one question from this game though. I forget the Zombie card, but the one that discard items from the discard pile. Can that be used on searchable items?

[Image: 4835373132]

salcor
I know this is a late reply to this post, But please accept my thanks for the service you and all of you in Afganistan and Iraq have and do give us! You are the real heroes.
That's a great idea, to have an expansion with a military element to it. You've got me wondering what other games I might have with a squad's worth of miniatures the right size to work with LNOE.
Reference URL's