TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Katrina vs. Grotesques
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Katrina has an ability that says when rolling fight dice she hits on a 4, 5, or 6. The Gargoyle has a minion called the Grotesques which is only hit on a 6+. Does Katrina's ability trump the minions?
Unfortunately, no. The Grotesques trump Katrina. At least, that's how I've always played it (and she's one of my favorites to play).
You could take the average of the two. That'd be interpreting Grotesque as "one less chance" or Katarina's as "one extra chance". She'd hit on a 5 or 6 -- so she'd treat it as everyone else's normal.
I play it as No Katrina doesn't trump in this case.

OD
To me they seem like 2 totally different rules that have nothing to do with each other. Katarina has the ability to hit on a 4, 5, or 6 which helps her in normal battles, but if the monster's ability states they're only hit on a 6+ then I would say they only take the hit if Katarina (or anyone) rolls a 6+. Katarina's ability shouldn't reduce the monster's so they can take a wound on a 5 or 6 instead.
Reference URL's