TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Wound VS Killed and Play Immediately
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright, so I've got a question. With the new grave weapon, Bloated Body, does it prevent any damage it would take on a roll of 3+ (aside from explosives)? Or just strictly wounds. So, say, would a chainsaw kill it no matter what, since the text says "Killed", or would it still count as just being wounded and you would get to use the Bloated Body ability. Also, how does that work for Zombie Heroes. Would a chainsaw fill up all the wound markers on a Zombie Hero? Or would it just take one wound. And conversely, how would that effect a hero if say for instance, Fighting Instinct (I think that's the name, the card where a zombie can use a weapon in the hero discard pile) was used against a hero, would that instantly kill it? Also, what about "Instantly Kill" weapons?

Now, on to my second (simpler) question. At the start of every turn, the zombie player may discard a card to draw a new one. How does this work with Play Immediately cards? Can a zombie player quick discard that to take a new one? Or are they stuck playing it?

Thanks again for your help :]
Criesto Wrote:Now, on to my second (simpler) question. At the start of every turn, the zombie player may discard a card to draw a new one. How does this work with Play Immediately cards? Can a zombie player quick discard that to take a new one? Or are they stuck playing it?

I think I can help you with this question. You need to discard the card you want to get rid of before taking new card(s) in the beginning of a zombie turn. Play immediatley card is impossible to trow away because they must be played immediatley when you get them, in the beginning of the zombie turn. Often they are really good for the zombies anyway. But there are some cards you really don´t want but that´s makes the game so fun. Watchmen02
We recently had a discussion that wounds may be prevented, even during a killed immediately. Remember that "killed" means "fill all wounds".

http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/figh...887-2.html

And pyrrhus is right on the card draw question. Discard happens before the Z draws new. (My group, as a slight handicap against the Z, actually moved the "discard up to a single card" step to the end of the zombie turn so he goes the entire hero turn without it.)
Ah, I never knew that you could only discard one before drawing new ones. I always thought it was just before you started playing your cards.

But now, I've actually got one more question. Say the zombie was using the meat cleaver against a hero, got a 6, then the hero played "Just a Scratch" Would that only prevent one wound? Or would it prevent all of them?
Criesto, read that other thread -- that's what brought the question up. Preventing the wound prevents the kill.
I don't think you're getting what I'm asking though. I understand that you can prevent the wound from an instant kill. But say the Zombie used a Meat Cleaver against a fully healed Sam. If it was successful, four wounds would be added onto Sam and he would die. So would playing "Just a Scratch" on him prevent all the wounds, or just one. So would he have no wound markers, or three.
It just prevents one.
Okay, thanks for your help :]
Reference URL's