TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: A/The Hero Turn
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, quick question about the "Hero Turn" I notice on some cards it states "A Hero Turn" while others state "The Hero Turn" Is there really a difference between these two, or did the creators just not keep it all the same? Like, I'd assume "The Hero Turn" would mean before any of the Heroes move or anything like that. But would "A Hero Turn" just mean before a hero goes? Like, for instance, could one hero go through their entire turn, then when the next one comes around, could you play a card that states "A Hero Turn"?

Am I just nitpicking or is there really a difference between the two? If so, that seems rather unfair for some cards. Namely, "Lets Split Up" Essentially, the zombie could wait until two heroes have had their go and end in the same building, then when hero three starts, they could play that card and hero one and two would have no choice but to take a wound, seeing as they've already taken their move action.
Usually, THE/A Hero Turn are the same thing - the beginning of the Hero Player(s)' go.

Jason's Official Answer to this question (from BGG and FFP Wiki):

Quote:Any card which refers to the 'Hero Turn' means the whole turn (not the individuals). If a card says 'the turn', it means the whole turn; while if a card says 'their turn' it refers to an individual Hero.

The terminology can be a little tricky (and may be reworded for clarity in the future), but anytime something refers to the 'Zombie Turn' or the 'Hero Turn' it means the whole thing. (If anything gets renamed for clarity, it will be the indivdual Hero's sequence of actions).

So in the case of "Let's Split Up", the card would have to be played before any Hero player has made a move.
Okay, that's what I was thinking. But my friend pointed it out, and we're both hard headed. He thought there was a difference, I disagreed, so I thought I'd come here and settle it. Thanks for your help :]
Reference URL's