TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Zombie Heroes question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ok, sorry if this has been covered, but I've read a lot of these threads and can't find it anywhere. The instructions clearly state that when your last hero dies, he becomes a zombie and you get a new character. But if you were playing a 5 person game, that would mean as soon as the first hero dies the person controlling that one (and only one) hero would get a new guy and that hero would wander the board looking for brains. Now if you were playing a 3 person game (1 zombie, 2 heroes) when a hero dies, since he is not your "last" hero (because you control 2) he would just be removed from the board. Doesn't that seem a little inconsistent? I get that you don't want a player just sitting around not involved in the game anymore but why wouldn't any hero killed by zombies just turn into a zombie and then a new hero get added to the game? Just makes sense to me, what do you think? Am I reading the rules wrong?
It's a counterbalance for how much easier it is to coordinate hero activities if the same player controls more than one hero. Also remember that, usually, the dead (but not replaced) hero does not turn into a zombie hero.
I'll accept your answer but it doesn't mean I like it Watchmen02
If you don't like it and your group agrees, ignore that tidbit. Make every dead hero a zombie and respawn.
I just re-read the rules and a hero only becomes a zombie if they die while the counter is in the black zone or due to a card effect like "I feel kinda strange"
(08-31-2010 03:02 PM)mqstout Wrote: [ -> ]If you don't like it and your group agrees, ignore that tidbit. Make every dead hero a zombie and respawn.
yah, I suppose that would work just fine, not like there aren't a thousand different house rules for this wonderful, glorious game.
(08-31-2010 07:13 PM)thegamelord Wrote: [ -> ]I just re-read the rules and a hero only becomes a zombie if they die while the counter is in the black zone or due to a card effect like "I feel kinda strange"

whoop, nevermind found it
Reference URL's