TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Gasoline and Black Zone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey now. Just bought the game couple days ago and it was a blast. But a couple questions on the game.

1) Im not sure on the rule of the black zone zombie hero thing. It says if the track is in the black zone and a hero is killed it becomes a zombie hero. But what if it is in the red zone? Does it not become a zombie hero after?

2) So to make sure does the zombies win when 4 heroes are killed? So can one player respawn 3 more heroes 2 players spawn another?

3) How does the gasoline work exactly? How do you fill the truck with it, and how could you use it as a weapon (ranged or using it to kill yourself to kill zombies)

Thank you for reading!
Hello Matty, welcome to the board.
To answer your questions:

1) No, only in the black zone

2) I'm not realy sure what you are trying to ask here. The zombies win when 4 heroes are killed, unless stated otherwise in the rules of the mission. It's 4 heroes in total, no matter how many players there are. If one players respawns 4 new heroes then no other player can respawn.

3) When filling the truck you just have to wait one turn by the truck and discard your gasoline card. It takes one full turn to fill up the truck.
Gasoline as a weapon is very powerfull. You use it by pouring it on a space. Just pour it on the ground so to speak and then use a ranged weapon to shoot the gasoline marker you put there. Then shoot it and you should check the rulebook, there it says what you must roll to make it explode. I think it's 2+ but I'm not sure, just check the book.
Thanks alot for responding. But also doesn' the gasoline take out zombies on all the spaces surrounding the space as well?
Also had a question on fight rolls. If both heroes and zombies both are rolling 3 dice or whatever how does it work? Do I just take the highest of each dice? How does that work exactly?
If I'm not mistaken (don't have the rulebook here with me) gasoline kills EVERYTHING in the same space when it explodes. The spaces next to it, it kills everything on a 3+ roll. But you better check the book to be 100% sure. So yes, the surrounding spaces do damage as well.

And to answer you question on the fightdice.
When you roll your dice your highest die counts to see who wins the fight. All extra dice count so see if you can manage to roll 2 that are equal.
For example:
The hero rolls a 5, a 2 and a 1
The zombie rolls a 4, a 3 and a 1
The hero wins this fight because his highest beats the zombies highest (5 -> 4) but he does not kill the zombie because he did not roll doubles.
Nobody takes damage this time.
Welcome Matty!!

Emp has gotten the gasoline rules dead on.

The zombie hero rules are a bit different when you have multiple players, even outside the 'black zone'.

The rule states that when the player's LAST hero is killed, that hero becomes a zombie hero, and the player gets to choose a NEW hero. The zombies automatically win if that death is the 4th hero killed.

The rule really only comes into play when there are multiple hero players. I think it is designed so that player doesn't sit around twiddling his thumbs while the game continues without him.

The fight rules can really be broken down, regardless of how many dice, to this:

Human have highest single die: They 'fend off' zombie (no wounds for anyone)

Human have highest single die AND any combo of doubles
zombie takes wound

Zombie has single highest die or tied for highest die: Hero Wounded.

Keep in mind that you don't necessarily want to use the 'fight' cards as a zombie until after you roll your first die. The cool thing about the rules is that you 'ramp up' the battle. It really adds some strategic depth to the game, and not just relying on the luck of the roll.
Hey thanks alot guys. When playing again a couple more questions arose and will hopefully be the last.

What is the rule on the number of guns or other weapons the hero can carry?

How exactly does the save the townsfolk scenario work exactly in the setting up of it and during play? After moving on a space with townsfolk do you stay on the space to protect them or take them off the game board? How does the townsfolk event cards effect the game rather than it would regularly?

Correct me if I'm wrong but with the baseball bat you can keep rolling as many die as you want not forgetting to make sure it breaks after each use?

Thanks again, I appreciate the help!
Well looks like this was all sorted out. And your welcome! :P
Egads, ask as many questions as you'd like! That's the great part of these forums, folks want to help. Besides, I think it helps me as a gamer too, especially on some of the more 'tricky' rules.

A hero can only carry FOUR items, and only TWO of those can be weapons (any combo of ranged or melee type). However, Two handed weapons count as TWO.

The Save the Townsfolk is just played as normal. The townsfolk are 'saved' by you searching a building and you drawing the TOWNSFOLK EVENT card. You have the choice of either using the effect of the card, as normal, OR counting that towards the scenario goal of 4 Saved folks. If used as a 'person' The card is removed from the deck and set aside (I then use the round counter to represent the townfolk, but you don't have to do anything with them). A zombie card CANNOT cancel a townsfolk card unless it is being used for the effect, and not for the Folk.

Basically, you just have to find, through searching buildings as normal, four TOWNSFOLK event cards, and claim them as 'saved'. That's it. No protecting them after they are drawn.

Thats right about the baseball bat. You can just keep rolling a new die, every time you want to hit again, with a 'break' check after each new roll. Since all the previous dice stay, your chances of getting doubles goes up every time you roll, (as does your breakage chances). Vicious weapon!

Hope that helps.

EDIT: Looks like Canadian Pitbull beat me to the punch while I was a typing!
Reference URL's