TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: searching in stockpile bldg
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
played a scenerio this weekend.. the one wher ethe hero's need to find 4 weapons and a med kit and get them all to the stockpile building.

the hero's won in about 2 turns.

one hero had the revolver on start.. then they all just ran to the stockpil bldg, and then searched the next turn, and literally found everything they needed .

I didn't see anywhere in the rules where they could not search the stockpile bldg.

any comments on that?

soundguy
I had a similar experience with that scenario. I have it filed away with "Escape in the Truck" as scenarios I'm not keen on. If you want a similar feeling scenario, there's one with SOTF where they have to barricade in a building and survive there for X turns without leaving.
(09-08-2010 06:26 PM)mqstout Wrote: [ -> ]I had a similar experience with that scenario. I have it filed away with "Escape in the Truck" as scenarios I'm not keen on. If you want a similar feeling scenario, there's one with SOTF where they have to barricade in a building and survive there for X turns without leaving.

we also played a survival game this weekend.. played with grave dead for the zombies, and the unique items/survival tactics for the hero's. hero's were in control and doing well till the last 5 rounds of the game when i had some really great rolls and had some grave dead make it into past the barricades ( roll a 6 ).. then make a sucessfull wound attack and make a couple zombie hero's.. there were holed up in the high school and gym area, and had barricaded both rooms and divided themselves. I got a coupl elucky cards and was able to place a zombie in with them.. it went down hill in about 1-2 rounds after that.

Watchmen02

soundguy
I'll have to check the sheet when I get home, but I believe it says heroes cannot search in the stockpile room.
(09-08-2010 10:07 PM)thegamelord Wrote: [ -> ]I'll have to check the sheet when I get home, but I believe it says heroes cannot search in the stockpile room.

if it does say that I missed it for sure.
(09-08-2010 10:09 PM)soundguy Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-08-2010 10:07 PM)thegamelord Wrote: [ -> ]I'll have to check the sheet when I get home, but I believe it says heroes cannot search in the stockpile room.

if it does say that I missed it for sure.

no is doesn't say anything about heroes NOT being able to search the stockpile building (kinda sucks), but the heroes don't win until they've cleared all the zombies out of the building.
(09-09-2010 06:36 PM)thegamelord Wrote: [ -> ]no is doesn't say anything about heroes NOT being able to search the stockpile building (kinda sucks), but the heroes don't win until they've cleared all the zombies out of the building.

my hero's got darn lucky. the sherif's office was the stockpil bldg.. they got in it FAST and searched, and got amazingly lucky.. each hero literally found one of the search items, and one here was the sheriff that started with a gun! so poof.. they basically used 1 turn to run to the building, and a turn to search.. ont he next turn they won with out me even getting a zombie NEAR the building.. Insane19

I almost think the stockpile building should not be searchable. also.. should not use the 'well stocked' option on that scenerio.

soundguy
I think the one thing that a lot of people forget when they experience a "quick" win situation is the game is completely LUCK driven - if you get the good movement rolls, if you find the items straight away. Conversely, you could keep rolling ones for movement and/or the items could be at the bottom of the card deck.

I have played "Escape in the Truck" games where both situations have happened - in one it was all over in a couple of rounds and in another it went right down to the line.
(09-09-2010 10:44 PM)zombie67 Wrote: [ -> ]I think the one thing that a lot of people forget when they experience a "quick" win situation is the game is completely LUCK driven - if you get the good movement rolls, if you find the items straight away. Conversely, you could keep rolling ones for movement and/or the items could be at the bottom of the card deck.

I have played "Escape in the Truck" games where both situations have happened - in one it was all over in a couple of rounds and in another it went right down to the line.

true.. all 4 players rolled a 6 for movement... go figure.. and the 4 top items on the hero deck were search items.. Watchmen02

that's got to be fate right there..

soundguy
Most scenarios say no, like defend the manor, etc. I actually think the stockpiled building SHOULD be able to be searched. Problems like this are the same problems ALL scenario searches have. Luck is the real deciding factor.

I had the escape in the truck and on the second turn not only did they find gas and keys, but a second pair of each due to "Just what I needed" 2 of the same of both. I just cringe when shit like that happens. But then there are times where even a 60 turn scenario clock yields no results.
Reference URL's