TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: inequalities in the dot system?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
anyone else see some inequalities in the dot system?

so far in the last few games.. we have done 3 dots. that's the survival tactics and unique items for the hero's and grave dead for the zombies. with 4 hero's.. that's alot of movement rolls and unique items and survival cards. and there are some darn good ones tha tmake it super hard on the zombies. on the other hand... the zeds get 7 1-shot zombies that can be a tad weeny if you look at the random powers they can get... after playing about 10 games with 3 dots.. the zombies are always on the bottom of the curve. also.. the a nd 2 dot lights out and taken over are.. well.. less than usefull in all but a few scenerios where the hero's might need a specific building.. etc. they need to add some dots for the zeds.. some more 1 and 2 dot cards at that.

perhaps even something neat like a 1 dot pair of super zombies....

any comments?
I would tend to agree that grave dead zombies are only worth 2 dots (unless the scenario has "zombies auto spawn").
(09-18-2010 04:08 AM)mqstout Wrote: [ -> ]I would tend to agree that grave dead zombies are only worth 2 dots (unless the scenario has "zombies auto spawn").

even with autospawn.. if you roll a 1.. you can't put out a grave dead.. I did that 4 times in a row one game.. it killed me..
Again Soundguy this game all comes down to luck.

I played my partner Kath a couple of weeks ago and she ended up with max Grave Weapons on the board.

I on the other hand I think only ever managed to roll a 5+ once within a building and therefore only had 1 Unique Item the whole game.

Right from the start the game to me has always seemed slightly easier for the Zombies than the Heroes, in that their card supply is topped up every turn whilst the heroes have to stop and search which takes at least 2 rounds to do but it is in no way broken. You've just got to hope that you luck is in!
Like I've said before, balancing the additions using the dots are unbalanced. ]

Grave weapons = survival tactics/uniques

That's about it. Beyond that it's up to the scenario to balance anything else.
I agree that the dots system seems to be more in favor of the heroes, but from my experience, that's for the best. I think out of the last 7 or so games I've played, I've only lost once (I'm always the zombies). Now I don't know if this is because of the game, or because of who is playing it, but in my opinion, the game is stacked in the zombie favor. But yeah, I wish there were some more smaller dots for the zombies. I don't like that I have to let the heroes get something great, or a few small goods things, just so I can have one of my handicaps
don't have my rules with me.. but grave dead are 3 dots how many are grave weapons..?

right now grave dead / survival tactics and unique items are the ones we play with alot.. and it just seems like the addition of the 2 decks vs the 7 extra 'special' zombies aren't always a even ballance..

soundguy
The Grave Weapons deck is specifically intended to be a balance with the Survival Tactics/Unique Items decks. They're each 3 points. I personally think the Grave Weapons work better than Grave Dead for getting unique flavor into the zombies, unless we're talking of things like scenarios such as with the radioactive grave dead... and even then, you can add Grave Weapons and Survival Tactics/Unique Items to the scenario as well.
so grave weapons are 3 dots as well.. yikes.

I've not used them yet.

be expensive to get grave dead and grave weapons out... 6 dots..

soundguy
Yep... However, if you want a super zombie power try using zombie pillage which is 1 dot. That should make the heroes sweat. We have house ruled that the zombies choose dots first, so they are able to balance how many dots they are giving the heroes...

Anyhows, we play this game a tad competitively, so if youre not, you should maybe talk about which cobies are working with each scenario...
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's