TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: A couple of questions.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yesterday I played my first game of IFOS and it was so fun. We played the with the basic rules. But next time we will try the advanced game rules and cards. I read on one Martian Tech card the Proto Bomb the the cost for building that is X, and I can´t figure out how much the card costs to build. All others Martians Tech card have 1 to 5 in the green circle.

My next question is the roll for reinforcement for the Martians.

Quote:To see if you may Land New Martians this turn, roll D6 and add them togther.
If the roll is higher than the total number of Martian Packs (all of the Martians in a space are called a Martian Pack), you currently have on the board, you may Land New Martians at the end of the turn.

Is it like in LNOE where you count every single zombie? Or do you count Martians Pack, every group that have 2 or 3 Martians together? It looks to me that in that case it will be pretty easy to Land New Martians in the end of the turn.

Why I ask is because of the Martian Packs text under Move Martians

Quote:Martians Packs - Martians like to move around the board in packs as they gets extra benefits from staying together. There may naver be more than 3 Martian Soldiers total in a space. All of the Martian Soldiers in a space are considered a single Martian Pack and if there are 3 Martian Soldiers in the space, it is called a full Martian Pack.

Is a single Martians Soldier considered to be a (very small) Martians Pack or is it 2-3 Soldiers that makes a (large\full) Martians Pack?
You roll higher than the packs. It's far easier to land new martians because of this. Then again, martians die much more easily and rely on numbers. A "pack" is any space in which there is 1 or more martians. So your lone martians count as a pack themselves. Group them together!
Thanks for the fast reply mqstout! We are about to start to play so this was a big help.

Anyone has a idea for the Proto Bomb card?
(10-11-2010 06:56 PM)pyrrhus Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the fast reply mqstout! We are about to start to play so this was a big help.

Anyone has a idea for the Proto Bomb card?

I read the Proto Bomb as you can pay in as many command points as you want before using it. If I remember the card correctly (I don't have it in front of me), but you get to remove 2 times however many points you spent to build it from the hero deck. So you could just do 1 point or you could dump 10 points into it.
Thanks doctordoomphd that sounds good to me.
That's exactly how I used the Proto-Bomb... I put 8 points onto it, and ended up defeating the heroes with the bomb, since they needed to find a couple more Fire the Cannon cards, and I destroyed their chances with it -- with 16 cards discarded, as late in the game as they'd been, they ended up with about 4 cards left.
I´m curious how did you get 8 points to spend in one command phase?
You can build tech across turns, spending as much as you have per turn and building up.

Or, there's the event card that gives you +3 command that turn as long as you're using it on tech. Two of those and your turn's tech. You can get 8 in one turn that way.
Hehe... Oh the Proto bomb!

Seriously though, can you use it to destroy scenario search items in the discard pile?

Cheerio,
ST
(10-15-2010 03:49 PM)SovTech Wrote: [ -> ]Hehe... Oh the Proto bomb!

Seriously though, can you use it to destroy scenario search items in the discard pile?

Cheerio,
ST

Oh yes, you can... (*&( martians and their proto bomb! However, my son tried that on me during the "Blast them out of the sky" scenario, and ended up doing me the favor of getting 14 cards out of the way (none of the cannons were in those 14!) It would have taken me forever to get past those 14 cards to find a cannon; instead, I was able to get further into my deck and ended up winning my first game playing as Heroes against the Martians (after 10 games of losing!)

This from the FFP wiki - Proto Bomb card details:
Proto Bomb

Martian Tech "X"

When built, discard to instantly reveal and discard a number of cards from the top of the Hero Deck equal to twice "X" [twice the number of Command Points used to build this Martian Tech]. Then remove all cards in the Hero Deck discard pile from the game.

"Nikt... Kree... Flon..."

Beep, beep, beep...BOOOOMMMMMM!
Notes from Board Game Geek

Q. Will protobomb destroy all scenario search items/cards in the discard pile?

A. The intent is that Scenario Search Items are NOT protected in any way from the Proto Bomb (if they were, it would say so on the card).

This does make 'Tech canceling' cards extra important for the Heroes in Scenarios that utilize Scenario Search Items. So think twice before using that Fuji Merman to cancel something small if you are afraid of the Proto Bomb!

(As a side note I have seen the Proto Bomb 'deck' the Heroes many, many times, so it is ALWAYS a serious threat when used to its fullest).

* http://boardgamegeek.com/article/5707725#5707725
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's