TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: l4d / l4d2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
just added some crossover campaigns whee both sets of survivors meet.

the sacrifice I believe is one of them.

might get some pc time tonight

soundguy
(10-13-2010 05:10 PM)soundguy Wrote: [ -> ]just added some crossover campaigns whee both sets of survivors meet.

the sacrifice I believe is one of them.

might get some pc time tonight

soundguy

never been much of a pc gamer, outside of ye olde basic strategy games which excel in PC format. Too much hassle and so much money has to be previously invested to keep up. With the systems, you invest a set amount and are pretty much guaranteed any game that comes out will work for you.

My last PC gaming venture ended with an 1,200$ gaming computer unable to play Portal or Half Life 2 episode 1 on Steam without lagging so bad it was almost pointless. At that point I went out and bought my Xbox360.

L4D1 and L4D2 are great games though, and it should be noted that it was playing the other valve games on the lag machine that put me onto them. Watchmen02
same here.. constant pc costs knocke dme out o fthe gaming scene a while back.. I finally saved up and saw a window I wanted to play in.. l4d, l4d2, starcraft 2 and hopefully system will be fast enough for diablo3.. past that.. will probably not get another gaming pc for a long time..

soundguy
It's terrible. I think I might be able to play SC2 if I dumb down it's animation rate. My brother reports he can, and he uses a computer about the same as mine. Diablo3 though!!!! Just pains me in equal parts anticipation and dread at having to either pass or push my computing capabilities far beyond their current specs... T_T
(10-14-2010 04:29 PM)Raynor Wrote: [ -> ]It's terrible. I think I might be able to play SC2 if I dumb down it's animation rate. My brother reports he can, and he uses a computer about the same as mine. Diablo3 though!!!! Just pains me in equal parts anticipation and dread at having to either pass or push my computing capabilities far beyond their current specs... T_T

my buddy has a 3yr old laptop and he plays sc2 ok with the animation dumbed way down. I leave mine dumbed a lil bit.. just to have a lil less clutter on the screen. hoping I can squeeze out d3 .. don't hav ethe budget for a new pc just to play games on.. Insane19

soundguy
Question - If you have the Sacrifice, can you play through Left4Dead 2 with survivors from the first game? Someone mentioned they thought that was the case and I miss playing as Bill.
yep.. in the sacrifice campaign you are using the original survivors, but the new weapons. for instance.. you can get the disposable 50 cal...

also they brought the 1st campaign.. no mercy I think, into the new game, using the old survivors.. so you can use the new weapons.

played it last night.. was awesome using francis and I even found the 50 cal and smoked a tank with it..

soundguy
AH! see!!! This is what I thought the LAST DLC was going to be doing, but I was wrong. I was planning on putting off picking up this DLC for a while but... but... I don't know how long I'll be able to resist. T_T
No Mercy with the L4D2 infected is a blast - played it on versus a few nights ago and charged someone off the roof of the hospital! Best kill of the month!

The Sacrifice has a few good maps, although the last map is very hard (especially on versus)
yup.. sacrifice does see to be a bit challenging.

soundguy
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's