TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Dot System Explanation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've got the Growing Hunger pack, but haven't tooled around with it much. I've just recently found my way back to the forum, here, and am seeing references to the "Dot System" and "dot costs" for various scenarios.

Since i can't recollect any mention of this, can someone please explain this to me before i try to run a scenario tomorrow night? Thanks in advance.
The Dot System is something new that I believe was introduced in Growing Hunger, or at least I know it's included in it. Basically, it's a way of giving handicaps to players, or just spicing up the game. It provides you with alterations to the original game, on a point basis. For example. The zombie player could choose the zombies always spawn option, which costs 3 dots and allows, you guessed it, zombies to always spawn regardless of the initial roll. There are different ones for Heroes and Zombies, the dots basically just represent their worth. It's a way of balancing out the different handicaps
The dot system is the main addition to the rules from GH. Page through the rulebook!
I planned on it. Thanks for the quick help, though.
Reference URL's