TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: need help with cost of new 'dot' item for weapon pickup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ok.. have been playinh more, and overwhelmingly my set of players are constantly complaining about their lack of ability to get hand weapons.

I tried explaining that it is a luck based system, and did point out that they have had plenty of game sessions where they beat the zombie player in 3 or 4 turns due to amazing luck.. like.. all the players searching and finding a 'mission item' on their first try.. etc.

in any case.. I'm trying to come up with 1 of 2 ideas.. or maybee both.

idea 1, modify the free search markers .. right now there are searches, a new townsfolk hero, and a couple zombie encounters. was thinking of adding a mark to one of the search tokens so that it could be somehting like ' flip thru deck till you find a hand weapon, shuffle rest of deck'.. etc.
perhaps doingthis as a freebee if they do the search markers. it has the ability to help the zombie player by them discarding cards from the hero deck, even though they do get a 'prize'.

idea 2,

say.. for 1 dot cost? pick a building at random ( or if hero / zombie choice rolled, could even be an outdoor tile ), place a supply marker there. when a hero moves to this square and searches, discard the supply marker and instead search thru the hero deck and pull 1st hand weapon found, then reshuffle deck ( no cards discarded)

maybee as a 2 dot, leave the supply marker there? or make it 'exhaust' check after the first use.. like a pistol.. like exhaust on a 2.. kinda like well stocked buildings?

need help here guys. I'm afraid my gamers are gonna stop playing as much if they don't at least have the option of perhaps getting a hand weapon ...

I mentioned that lately they have been doing hte harder missions that are getting large zombie horde ( 21) and autospawn.. so there are a decent number of zombies on the board.. couple that with bad draws and they are whining alot Watchmen02 I mentione dthey may want to tone it back a bit and choose lesser missions with lower horde.. like 14 regular and no autospawn.

they like the survival tactics, and i like grave dead.. pretty much 2 we always choose.. etc.

other ideas might be a 'cache' of hand weapons... perhaps like draw 3 hand weapons from deck ( random) and place those cards face down on random buildings and first person to search there gets them as a pickup that turn.. maybee a dot cost involved? or again.. like the search markers.. if they buy that.. throw in a dot or two with hand weapons on them

ideas?
Reference URL's