TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Zombie: a monotonous task
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was wondering if out there there was somethinf to make the role of the zombie more fun and challenging?
I'm refering to scenario made for them or other extra rule.

p.s. i'm not asking for expansion material but for something custom made
I find playing the zombies very fun, rarely monotonous and usually rather challenging already. If you want something different (yes, it's "expansion material"), check out the Zombie Pillage scenario.
(11-26-2010 01:16 PM)dungeonlord Wrote: [ -> ]I was wondering if out there there was somethinf to make the role of the zombie more fun and challenging?
I'm refering to scenario made for them or other extra rule.

p.s. i'm not asking for expansion material but for something custom made

I think what would be awesome is a Zombie vs Zombie scenario. Maybe even a Mexican Standoff kind of thing: Puke Zombies vs Heroes vs Poop Zombies.
Good morning kiddies,

Here's a thought I had for a MASSSSSIIIIIIVVVVEEEEE (echo effect) game.

Lay out both the IFOS and LNOE boards connected at the "road out of town/road to town" sections.

You'll need:

2 Martian players
2 Zombie players
2-4 Hero players.

The scenario is: THEY CAME FROM OUTER SPACE (echo effect): And boy were they sorry. (no echo)

Circus characters are faced with Martians and Zombies
Townfolk are faced with ZOMBIES and Martians.

Martians "bitten" (killed) by a Zombie become "Zombie Martians".
Zombies zapped with a ray gun become RADIOACTIVE (but are killed with a second zap)

So..to recap...Four Circus Heroes vs Seven Zombies and 9 Martians Four Townfolk Heroes vs 7 zombies and 9 Martians. NO Martian Heroes.

You may freely move between the boards via the road to town/ from town.

When each set of heroes kills 8 zombies or 10 martians the game does not end, BUT the zombies stop spawning and the martian space ship flee.

So...Let's say the Circus folk OR the Martians kill 8 Zombies. They stop spawning and they only have to deal with the zombies remaining on the board. Or..the Circus Folk and the Zombies kill a total of 10 Martians. The flying saucer covering that board runs off leaving whatever surving martians to fend for themselves.

THe same on the Town board.

There is nothing meaningful about either board. Any player may move his pieces to either board at the approved rate of movement per the rules.

Circus folk draw from the Circus folk cards, Towns folk from the Townfolk cards, zombies share the zombie deck, martians share the martian deck.

Heroes DO NOT replenish. NOBODY auto spawns.

LAST MAN/WOMAN/ZOMBIE/MARTIAN standing wins.

IT's ALL THEIR FAULT!

If there are townspeople and circus people left after all the martians and zombies are exterminated then you can play it out for a single winner. (If you are not already exhausted).

One townie blames the circus folk for their problems yelling "It's all their fault!" All surviing townies are placed on tjhe edge of The Road to Town section and try to wipe out any surviving circus folk. Oh you could just congratulate each other that you survived and go grab a beer.

You may find the Martians a little weak against the Zombies and may have to figure out a way to add the Martian Heroes. I would suggest one Martian player take the beast and the other take the champion.

Go for it.
the group I play with is quite competitive. If I don't play for keeps the hero's will win every time. keep sme on my toes. I've yet to have a cakewalk zed victory... yet there have been many hero cakewalks. I remember one game where the hero's had to get survivors out of town.

I couldn't roll reinforcement zombies worth didly.

literally a few turns went by with like 3 zeds on the board and no extras coming in. heck.. why leave town? Watchmen02

soundguy
(11-28-2010 03:11 AM)soundguy Wrote: [ -> ]... yet there have been many hero cakewalks. I remember one game where the hero's had to get survivors out of town.

We had this one here too. In 4 rounds the heroes managed to find all the townsfolk Zombie17

I don't find playing the zombies a boring thing. I love playing the zombies because you can keep your own agenda in a way. The heroes can build plans but they do need to comunicate with each other Watchmen02
(11-28-2010 03:11 AM)soundguy Wrote: [ -> ]the group I play with is quite competitive. If I don't play for keeps the hero's will win every time. keep sme on my toes. I've yet to have a cakewalk zed victory... yet there have been many hero cakewalks. I remember one game where the hero's had to get survivors out of town.

I couldn't roll reinforcement zombies worth didly.

literally a few turns went by with like 3 zeds on the board and no extras coming in. heck.. why leave town? Watchmen02

soundguy

Oddly enough, we played that same scenario yesterday and had the VERY SAME THING happen. The zombies pulled out a victory in the last turn.
my guys kept pull it out of their butts every time I had a chance.

sewers helped them. then they drew free barricade cards.. every time I might be able to squeeze them.. providence gave them a card Watchmen02

but that's the game. i had a game .. the one where you destroy buildings as the zeds, a few weeks back and got taken over card quite 2 times, plus a card that lets you take a card from the discard pile.. so make that 3 taken over's in a game where i need to destroy 6 buildings.. that tends to help the zed player immensly as it fills the building with zeds.. and heck.. next turn you can just declare it gone..

by the end the hero's were getting desperate and would run peopl eover to use zed hunger to draw out the zeds.. but by then I was low on spawn pits and rolling good so when i spawned, a huge but load of zeds would hit the board in one area vs spread out... i eeked that one out..

soundguy
Sounds like an exciting game. I'm already impatient for our next game and to order the new expansion cards. Gotta get paid first and save some money for Christmas presents.
all in all it depends on how you play your zombies as to whether or not it gets boring. my personal rule for playing zombies is as follows:

If the heroes don't hate me by the end of the game, I'm doing something wrong.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's