TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Looking for Mall Scenario Ideas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As the title says, I am in search of Mall scenario ideas. I play LNoE with my family (brothers, wife, and dad) and I think we are ready to take the game to the next level. I was planning on eventually getting my hands on WorldWorks Games Mayhem Mega-Mall. Just looking for ideas or suggestions. Thanks in advance!
That looks great. What it is? It looks to me like mostly paper folded into objects.

There was a thread at BGG where somebody used their old Mall Madness game which had nearly the same dimension spaces drawn on the board. I think it was 2 stories as well.
(11-30-2010 03:35 AM)D153453D Wrote: [ -> ]That looks great. What it is? It looks to me like mostly paper folded into objects.

There was a thread at BGG where somebody used their old Mall Madness game which had nearly the same dimension spaces drawn on the board. I think it was 2 stories as well.

You've got the right idea. It's a PDF file that you download. Then you can pick and choose which items you want to print. Once printed, you have to cut out the corridors / rooms / stairs you want and glue them to appropriately sized card-stock.

The Mall Madness idea is good. I was thinking two levels as well, though I am short on plot/scenario ideas. Here is the one and only I have come up with:

The heroes start at the mall entrance. Their objectives are to stock up on ammo and food while securing the mall's large doorways. Securing the doors could be accomplished using the "keys" item which would have this rule added for this mission (perhaps four total - 2 on each floor.) Number tiles can be used to find out where the food and ammo is (perhaps 2 of each again?). I think having the players roll at the beginning of the game - like the"We've got to go back!" downloadable FFG scenario, would be a good way to decide where they are.

It needs some polishing, but I think that could be a good one. It may be a longer game, requiring 20 turns or so. Maybe even have 2 extra players could make it more interesting. I also think that "Free Search" markers would be a necessity.
you could always go back to the old dawn of the dead for scenerio ideas.

need to barricade the doors at the mall, and kill the zeds in there with you.

mall might even have a gun shop like the one in the dawn of the dead did!

soundguy
There's a fun little game called Maul of America, which is in many ways a kind of proto-LNoE. It features modular mall pieces to create your own mall board every time.

Check it out. I imagine the pieces would work very well.
Right now I'm in the process of designing a mall board and coming up with scenario ideas. One I've thought of is just "trapped overnight." It takes the max number of rounds and all the heroes have to do is survive the night.
as in no hero's can be killed?
As in no replacement heroes, just the original 4 (they're locked in a mall, after all) and any of the 4 must survive to consider it a win. Basically zombies have to kill all 4 to win. It'd be a pretty difficult scenario for the Heroes with just those conditions.
since zeds normally need 4 kills to win.. but your hero respawns at some point.. yep.. hard..
(12-01-2010 10:05 PM)Brando Wrote: [ -> ]Right now I'm in the process of designing a mall board and coming up with scenario ideas. One I've thought of is just "trapped overnight." It takes the max number of rounds and all the heroes have to do is survive the night.

Hmmm...interesting. Almost like a reversal of the "Die Zombies, Die" scenario. I may add it to my list of possible mall scenarios.

Any other special rules? I think "Free Search" is a must in almost any mall scenario.

Care to tell us how you're "designing" the board? Also, did you check out the link I put up top? It may give you some ideas.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's