TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: 4 + 1questions about the basicgame rules
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Four questions (probably to be a shamed of for asking them...)

1. Exchanging items between heroes: Does this happen at a 'fair' trade 1 against 1 or can a hero give 1 and recieve nothing back? I think this last situation is the correct one, but I need to know for sure.

2. Can the same events happen for several heroes in the same heroturn? Having one heroturn each turn you can use several heroes to move etc. can I use the same event card on all heroes that belong to me?)

3. When does a zombie needs to get killes instead of only beeing hit to remove a zombie from the game? Please some examples to make this clear for me.

4. Rolling a random building: if a hero rolls 6, does the zombieplayer than choose (in the heroe's turn) which building should be picked?

Thank you for helping out on this questions.

This one is came up yesterday: Can a hero stay in the same building numerous times to keep on searching every turn if you wanted to?
1. You are correct. You can give without getting anything back.

2. Not quite sure what you mean. Most Event cards are a one use job such as "Just a Scratch" and once played they go into the discard pile. I can't think of an Event card off the top of my head that effects all Heroes at the same time. (there may be one)

3. Sorry Onemangang don't know what you mean here?? Please try to explain.

4. Yes and if the Zombie Player is rolling a Random Building in their turn and Rolls a 1 the Hero chooses.
(12-24-2010 12:22 PM)zombie67 Wrote: [ -> ]1. You are correct. You can give without getting anything back.

2. Not quite sure what you mean. Most Event cards are a one use job such as "Just a Scratch" and once played they go into the discard pile. I can't think of an Event card off the top of my head that effects all Heroes at the same time. (there may be one)

3. Sorry Onemangang don't know what you mean here?? Please try to explain.

4. Yes and if the Zombie Player is rolling a Random Building in their turn and Rolls a 1 the Hero chooses.

Thanks for your answers.

i'll try to explain 2 and 3 some better:

2. When there is a remain in play card, can I let it be used for all my heroes in the same turn?

3. The rulebook says on page 12: When a ranged attack is succesfull, the item will say whether the target is hit or killed. (Hit target takes one wound Enogh to remove a normal zombie from the board) Kiled: Fills up all remaining helath boxes of the target with wound markers)

So I was thinking in what situation will this be?

Hope I made myself clear , here. Thanks again for the reply!
I'll take a stab:

2) When played, most cards are played 'on' a hero, affecting them alone...some exceptions are like the one that cause rain to slow down everyone. So, a 'Remains in Play' card played 'on' a hero will affect only that hero until the card is somehow removec (usually by some other card being played to remove it). The other heroes gain no effect.

3) Some zombies (like 'Hero Zombies') have more than one Wound circle. A 'Hit' on such a zombie does one Wound...enough to kill most zombie, but not enough to remove a 'Hero Zombie'. A 'Kill' would both kill a normal zombie and fill up all the Wound cicrles of a Hero Zombie and kill it, too.
These were answered pretty well. I do have to add that zombie choice/hero choice chooses the building, but the person whose placing something still chooses which square of that building.

Ie, if a hero starts in a random building and "zombie's choice" is rolled, the zombie chooses the building -- but the hero still has freedom for which square he starts in in that building. Similar thing in reverse for "new spawning pit".
Also, regarding taking zombies off of the board, using something like the cleaver that says it "instantly kills" removes a zombie from the board, even if it has more than one wound left (in the case of zombie heros). The "instantly" also means that no zombie cards can be used to cancel it (re-rolls, etc).

I believe the only time there is a distinction between wounding and killing a zombie is when fighting someone capable of taking more than one wound (like a zombie hero).
And to answer your plus-one -- yes, the hero can stay in the same square searching indefinitely. Zombie players should punish such heroes by using their intestines for Christmas decorations.

In other words, the only thing preventing a hero from doing that would be the zombie player's swarms of zombies.
That will answer all my questions so far. I have 'good rep'd "you all for the help you were offering. Thank to all!
Reference URL's