TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Zombie Horde
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When 21 zombies are used, does the zombie player roll two dice for spawning, or still just one? I checked through the rulebook numerous times but couldn't find an answer. I've tried playing with just one die, and it ends up being unbalanced. There seems to be a lacking in the number of zombies which adds a huge imbalance to the game, but when doubling the spawns it ends up being too stacked in the zombie's favor. So, which is it?
(12-25-2010 09:38 AM)Criesto Wrote: [ -> ]When 21 zombies are used, does the zombie player roll two dice for spawning, or still just one? I checked through the rulebook numerous times but couldn't find an answer. I've tried playing with just one die, and it ends up being unbalanced. There seems to be a lacking in the number of zombies which adds a huge imbalance to the game, but when doubling the spawns it ends up being too stacked in the zombie's favor. So, which is it?

I don't really see why 1 D6 for auto-spawning is "not enough" for the scenarios that have Zombie Horde. You should average 3.5 zombies a turn, plus whatever other spawning from cards. So your hero players are killing 4+ zombies each and every turn, including at the start?

You need to give us more information, like what scenario or how many hero starting cards, etc., because the only answer we can give you right now are that 1 D6 is correct for Zombie Horde + Zombie Auto-Spawn.
For me, it just usually ends up that, in scenarios where you have zombie hordes, there are never enough zombies. For example, in zombie apocalypse you have zombie horde, and you obviously need a lot of zombies. Each time you destroy a building, you lose anywhere from 3 - 8ish zombies just from that, plus whatever heroes kill. If you're only getting back an average of 3.5 zombies per turn, that's nowhere near enough to complete your objective. I just feel that on average, in scenarios that require zombie horde (which obviously you'll need a lot of zombies to keep it balanced) there are never enough zombies in play.
Reference URL's