TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: New to LNoE and enjoying it.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have never been a big gamer, just played CCGs off and on over the years. I got into Heroscape when it first came out, so all my spare funds have gone to it. With the discontinuation of the product, I found myself wondering what to do with those funds. I picked up Descent and Summoner Wars and found I enjoyed more than just Scape. My 7 yr old son loves zombie movies, so I picked up LNoE for him for Christmas and we are loving it! I did not check the order of release when I first ordered it so I got the core game, SotF and Grave Weapons. I then ordered Stock Pile on advice from another gamer to learn to play the heros better and Growing Hunger will be here tomorrow.

Gothicincarnation

Well then...

#1: Welcome Aboard!

#2: Get it all! LOL After playing for awhile I'll tell you, you want all the web extras... Even the Special Edition Soundtrack is a must have. Plus the several official scenarios you can get from FFP on the web will help you configure your own unique scenarios too. And don't forget to check out FFP's Downloads for LNoE for a few free scenarios too. Of course you can't forget about us, after 11 posts you can get into our download area for lots more user created things including both new heroes and scenarios, and soon to be some new L-board from one of our members (When he gets them finished that is)... You are gonna love it.
Thanks for the welcome. I have already made plans to pick it all up Watchmen02
Welcome xraine69!
Nothing like total emersion....Welcome aboard.

OD
Well I guess Flying frog Productions is happy you joined the LnoE commnity Zombie03. I can judged that flood of money going their ways cause I did the same to buy everything available at once (since the tax and shipping was pretty high and I wanted it NOW!!!!!Zombie03

Hope you have a good time here!!!
Greetings Xraine!! Glad you like the game Descent too!! I'm painting all the models in the box it's taking me forever......Zombie24
I agree with Gothic. For each add on you get for the game the better it becomes. Every game is different with some real cinematic moments!
Happy gamingWatchmen02
Ok guys, you all are making me really enjoy this site, everyone is so friendly. Hoping to get in a couple of games tomorrow. I really love the variety I have already(still getting the rest as quickly as possible), with my main opponent being my 7 yr old son for right now, I can see lots of ways to offset the game in his favor. Guess I will have to get used to losing for awhile. Watchmen02 I also see so many combos to keep from playing the same game twice for a long time.

@samuritrev, I want to paint my Descent, his LNoE and his Battleground: Crossbows and Catapults figures, I just don't have the talent. We are moving from MT back to NC in Feb. I have some friends who paint minis and I am hoping they will help me out. The biggest problem I have is colors. My colorblindness is bad!!!
(12-30-2010 06:03 AM)xraine69 Wrote: [ -> ]@samuritrev, I want to paint my Descent, his LNoE and his Battleground: Crossbows and Catapults figures, I just don't have the talent. We are moving from MT back to NC in Feb. I have some friends who paint minis and I am hoping they will help me out. The biggest problem I have is colors. My colorblindness is bad!!!

Hi Xraine
The best 'talent' you need with painting is patience my friend. If you have a steady hand and take your time your results will see a steady improvement with practice. Even the most basic coat of paint will improve the look of the unpainted models.
As for the colourblindness you could perhaps get your son to choose the basic colours or you could follow any of my guides in the painting and modeling section of this site. I am working on a zombie painting guide it will be coming shortly...
Have a go or you'll never know...Watchmen02
I thought I would divulge a bit more about myself than what I have. I am a single father raising my son myself. Currently, I am living in Great Falls, MT, my son and I are making plans to move back to NC next month. So if anyone is in either area, let me know and we can get some games in. I have been working as a cashier for years now, but decided it was time for a change. I actually enrolled today to get my Associates in Early Childhood Developement, something I have thought of for a couple of years now.
xraine
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's