TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Dead Heroes, Zombie Heroes, Escape in the Truck
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just need clarification on a couple of rules regarding heroes, replenishing, zombiflying, and just plain dynig.

When a hero is turned into a zombie hero (any way) do you always respawn a new hero no matter what?

Newly spawned heroes (not at the begining of the game) are allowed to start in a random building with no additional card if there starting location is not on the board, or can you start them in the center of town with an additional card? (unless otherwise specified by the scenario)

do heroes replenish in defend the manor house for any reason, or has anyone tried to play that they do?

I have read through the rules and for some reason still have trouble seperating some of the specifics. And is there anything else I need to know regarding heroes dying? (one on one games, the rules for multiplayer on heroes side I understand in terms of replenishing)

EDITed by mqstout: added line breaks for easier reading. merged related follow-up question
No. Example contrary situation: Late in the game (below the red sun line) in a 3 player game (1z, 2hero players each with 2 heroes). The zombie turns a hero into a zombie with "I feel kinda strange". That hero will not respawn, since it is not that player's final hero. However, they do usually go hand-in-hand.

Center-with-card or random building. Starting location does not matter except at the very beginning of the game. (http://flyingfrogwiki.com/ffpwiki/index...._the_Game)

Have to dig out the Defend scenario card to check. They do only if the rules say to. Is the rule at the top of the box "Heroes Replenish" there? If a scenario has that rule, heroes always are replaced no matter the circumstance. (This rule is irrelevant in the "ideal" game where each hero player has one and only one hero. Same with "Always Zombie Heroes")

Reread this a couple times. It's probably the most commonly mis-done rule, except maybe the doubles rule. It sounds like you have it, though.
http://flyingfrogwiki.com/ffpwiki/index...._Last_Hero
(01-08-2011 03:53 PM)mqstout Wrote: [ -> ]No. Example contrary situation: Late in the game (below the red sun line) in a 3 player game (1z, 2hero players each with 2 heroes). The zombie turns a hero into a zombie with "I feel kinda strange". That hero will not respawn, since it is not that player's final hero. However, they do usually go hand-in-hand.

Center-with-card or random building. Starting location does not matter except at the very beginning of the game. (http://flyingfrogwiki.com/ffpwiki/index...._the_Game)

Have to dig out the Defend scenario card to check. They do only if the rules say to. Is the rule at the top of the box "Heroes Replenish" there? If a scenario has that rule, heroes always are replaced no matter the circumstance. (This rule is irrelevant in the "ideal" game where each hero player has one and only one hero. Same with "Always Zombie Heroes")

Reread this a couple times. It's probably the most commonly mis-done rule, except maybe the doubles rule. It sounds like you have it, though.
http://flyingfrogwiki.com/ffpwiki/index...._Last_Hero

Thankyou for the help. It does not say heroes replenish on defend the manor house so I understand the horde of stampeding zombies closing in on a last character, often because of the numerous 1's rolled by the others early in the game. And thanks for the links. Do you have a lot of rule questioning in the game or does it eventually go away? Cause iv'e played over 50 games of LNOE and still find myself, and group questioning, or having rule questions?
In the last part of Escape in the Truck states you need to have two players present at the truck to escape, and normal rules have the zombie player winning if 4 heroes are killed. Now in a 1z 1hero game, where heroes do not replenish in this scenario, does the hero player lose if 3 are killed because you only have 1 hero left, and your last hero has not been killed so you do not receive a new one?
That would be correct. There are other situations in other scenarios where it becomes impossible for the heroes to win as well. They're rare, outliers though -- hard to set up. I've never seen any of them actually happen.

We've found that most of the rules questions have subsided. We occasionally have to pause and reread stuff from later expansions (Fence Post and Duct Tape funkiness in particular).
(01-08-2011 07:41 PM)mqstout Wrote: [ -> ]That would be correct. There are other situations in other scenarios where it becomes impossible for the heroes to win as well. They're rare, outliers though -- hard to set up. I've never seen any of them actually happen.

We've found that most of the rules questions have subsided. We occasionally have to pause and reread stuff from later expansions (Fence Post and Duct Tape funkiness in particular).

Ah I see, think my rolling skills need to improve so I don't get stuck in that one again.

Also havent had the opp to use duct tape yet so I'm sure that will open up a whole new can of worms when we get there. Just trying to enjoy the game and not compliacte things adding too much for new players I bring in.

That also brings up something we were talking about. The fence post!!! Ugh so we have been playing you can use it through walls/doors/windows etc. cause its a "ranged attack". Doesn't really seem logical, how do you picture the fence post being used, and are we playing it right?
(01-08-2011 07:52 PM)CA Jones Wrote: [ -> ]That also brings up something we were talking about. The fence post!!! Ugh so we have been playing you can use it through walls/doors/windows etc. cause its a "ranged attack". Doesn't really seem logical, how do you picture the fence post being used, and are we playing it right?

I think the idea of the ranged attacks going through an adjacent wall is that you are shooting (or swinging) in through a window or something to hit the ghoulie, so we always use "line-of-sight" rules for the fencepost too. Seems right to me. I am jamming a huge fence post in through a window to smash a zombie's head from outside.

On the topic of the frequency of rules questions, I found that going through the FAQs and and threads in the "Rules" section of this site (while at work) is a great way to prepare for questions that may come up later, so valuable game time is not wasted.
(01-09-2011 06:22 AM)vikinglad Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-08-2011 07:52 PM)CA Jones Wrote: [ -> ]That also brings up something we were talking about. The fence post!!! Ugh so we have been playing you can use it through walls/doors/windows etc. cause its a "ranged attack". Doesn't really seem logical, how do you picture the fence post being used, and are we playing it right?

I think the idea of the ranged attacks going through an adjacent wall is that you are shooting (or swinging) in through a window or something to hit the ghoulie, so we always use "line-of-sight" rules for the fencepost too. Seems right to me. I am jamming a huge fence post in through a window to smash a zombie's head from outside.

On the topic of the frequency of rules questions, I found that going through the FAQs and and threads in the "Rules" section of this site (while at work) is a great way to prepare for questions that may come up later, so valuable game time is not wasted.

Thanks Again, yeah I look up tons here but you know there are always those (my friends included) that wanna see where the rules state how it works. Plus some of the threads I find to be wrong. Including most about the fire extiguisher. As most posts here say you only chose one space the card clearly states your space and all adjacent spaces to move those zombies each one space in any direction. But for the most part I do ref this site tons, it gets us all through most games with very little to argue about. Just gotta figure out how not to roll ones w/the revolver anymore!!!
(01-08-2011 07:27 PM)CA Jones Wrote: [ -> ]In the last part of Escape in the Truck states you need to have two players present at the truck to escape, and normal rules have the zombie player winning if 4 heroes are killed. Now in a 1z 1hero game, where heroes do not replenish in this scenario, does the hero player lose if 3 are killed because you only have 1 hero left, and your last hero has not been killed so you do not receive a new one?

That is an unfortunate fate of the hero's... 2 must make it or they must die!!!
Reference URL's