TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: I was gone, but now I'm back...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Gothicincarnation

Yep, believe it or not there is a reason I haven't posted anything in several days...

Reason is: Hard to post when you have no computer.

Last week my PC blew up... AGAIN! Here's the story.

Then...:
Last year, for still as yet unknown reasons, my PC just began to shut down... Not shut down and is log off, but as in power off. Like a total loss of electricity. One second it's on the next, no power at all. And it did it randomly. After a short while it simply wouldn't stay on longer than a minute or two. So I took it in for repair at a local shop. 3 Months (and $1500.00 USD later) I FINALLY got my PC back. Motherboard & Power supply Replaced, 1 of 2 vid cards (cause one blew up while it was in the shop and they refused to replace it, even though it blew up in their care and was fine before that). But at least it was working again, though all data was lost permanently.

Now...:
Last week, the same problem began again. Identical symptoms and responses. Fortunately this time I caught what was happening and knew it was bad. So I managed (in between power offs) to back up all my data. Decided I was not going to wait another 3 Months to get my PC back (Just to likely have the same problem pop up next year) nor put another $1500 into that thing. So.... I replaced the PC. That one came from Dell... The new one? Dell? NO! Heck NO! Not again... This one came from....................................ME! I built the sucker myself. $1,511.32 (just $11.32 more than it cost me to repair the last one) built me a PC that ran RINGS around ANYTHING Dell had to offer for $6000!

Here's the basic stats of my new baby:
Cooler Master HAF 932 ATX Case
Corsair AX1200 ATX Power Supply (1200w)
Asus P7P55 WS SuperComputer Motherboard
Intel Core i7 Processor (Quad Core Hyperthreaded [So 8 Core]) 2.98ghz (Non-Overclocked) 3.89ghz (Overclocked)
Kingston Hyperx DDR3 SDRAM 1600 (PC3 12800) (16GB)
LG WH10LS30 Blu-ray Disc Rewriter
Nvidia GTX 275 Video Card (X2 SLI) {Cannibalized From old System}
Soundblaster X-Fi 5.1 Surround Audio Card {Cannibalized From old System}

Not too shabby eh? Heck of a lot better than the old one let me tell you. (Old was just 4GB RAM, and a Intel Quad core (Not Hyperthreaded) 2.37ghz (Overclocked) and Gods only knows what else with all the propriety crap they never tell you anything.)

But anyway, I am back and everything is running now. So here I am ready to go and start posting again.

I was gone,
But now I'm back.
No one missed me,
What the Frak?
LOL
That machine's beastly, if not overkill. Especially on the RAM. Wow.
And you are?????

(LoL just kidding-welcome back)

OD

Gothicincarnation

What can I say, I like Beastly and Overkill... Better than needing to upgrade every time I turn around cause Game X need's more RAM, or Game Y needs more Vid then new vid needs more power, or, or, or...

That and nothing but the best for my baby. Zombie03 LOL

Put me in the poor house, but hey, at least I'll be online in the poor house. LOL

LOL OD... Thanx
Reference URL's