TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Is "Growing Hunger" a "Fight Card?"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The card "Growing Hunger" says:
Quote:While this card is in play, all Zombies roll an extra Fight Dice.

Discard this card if any Hero is killed (or turned into a Zombie Hero).

How can I tell if it is officially a "fight card?" Don't they expire after the fight? It remains in play, so if it is a fight card, I can't use any other fight cards until this gets cancelled? I can't think of any other cards I have that work like this for zombies, off of the top of my head (only have LNOE and GH).

This came up for us while playing last night (...on earth). I wanted to play "BRAAAINS!" while this was in effect, but we finally ruled I couldn't because this would be two cards boosting the zombies during a single fight.
It is NOT. All fight cards have the word "Fight:" on them. Yes, it's theoretically possible to have 'Divide and Conquer' and 'Growing Hunger' out, play 'Overwhelmed' on a space, use 'Fighting Instincts' (the Fight: card) on one zed -- preferably a Zombie Hero while 'Living Nightmare' is also on the loose. You could also play 'It's Stuck!' after the fight (since it's not a Fight: card) if the hero used a Combat Bonus:.

And this is all without 'Desperate for Flesh' being out.
I would say no, it is NOT a FIGHT card. A zombie FIGHT card says 'Fight:' then the rules text. Look at Braaains or Scratch and Claw for examples.
(01-14-2011 03:55 AM)mqstout Wrote: [ -> ]It is NOT. All fight cards have the word "Fight:" on them.

Aha! Thanks guys. I knew there was an easy way to tell that I was overlooking. Should have noticed that.
(01-14-2011 03:55 AM)mqstout Wrote: [ -> ]It is NOT. All fight cards have the word "Fight:" on them. Yes, it's theoretically possible to have 'Divide and Conquer' and 'Growing Hunger' out, play 'Overwhelmed' on a space, use 'Fighting Instincts' (the Fight: card) on one zed -- preferably a Zombie Hero while 'Living Nightmare' is also on the loose. You could also play 'It's Stuck!' after the fight (since it's not a Fight: card) if the hero used a Combat Bonus:.

And this is all without 'Desperate for Flesh' being out.

oh my sweet Zombie Jesus, if my GF ever played that combo on me I think I'd just quit entirely. That sounds horrifying... Zombie24Zombie01 Zombie11
Reference URL's