TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Zombie "Scenario Search Items"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently played the Zombie Apocalypse scenario where the zombies have a goal of destroying six buildings. On the first zombie turn, they drew "Oh my God, they've taken the..." and got to fill up a building on the other side of the board from all the heroes. There was no way the heroes could get to there in time to occupy the building or lure the zombies out, so it was an easy turn 2 take down for that buidling on the next zombie turn.

Smewhere in the rulebook I rememer reading that Heroes should shuffle scenario search items if they are drawn as a starting card. For the purposes of this scenario, should "oh my God, they've taken the..." be considered a scenario search item that should be shuffled back in on the first turn? Do you think this is a fair houserule for this scenario?
There's nothing official about it. However, it seems like it would be in good fairness to shuffle it back in if your group also does that with hero scenario search items.
We just played the same one for the first time the other night, and the same thing came up. It is mentioned specifically on the card that zombies placed "this turn" can't be used, and it uses that card as the example. I think a lot of people house rule this sort of stuff out, but I believe the 100% pure way is to play it like you did.

It is like "Just what I needed," it feels lame when it comes up early, but that is the luck of the cards. That night, it was hard enough for our zombies to destroy the buildings, so it did add balance and keep the game closer when it came up for us. I would house rule it eventually if it ruined a few games, though.

Is this right?
Yeah, it only came up the once, granted this was the only time we have played this scenario. I was just curious if others have run into and how they handle it. I will probly give that scenario a couple more tries before making the house rule.

Thanks for the input.
Reference URL's