TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Blitz
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello All.

I'm loving the game, but we had a debate about the Blitz ability at home. I don't have the card in front of me, so I can't give the exact wording. The right wording may be enough to clarify this for me, but I'll ask here in the meantime.

When entering a square with 2 or more zombies, can you use blitz to attack just one, then if that attack goes poorly, continue your move? Or if you stop to fight a zombie, must you fight all the zombies on that space? A large reason this is coming up is because I read on this site about moving into the same square twice to try to clean up zombies, but if you are repeatedly moving into crowded space, I'm curious as to how much of a risk it is.

We've got actual real life examples that support both cases. Running in and stopping to have a fist fight would give zombies enough time to converge on you, forcing you to fight all of them, but just running by and swinging a chainsaw and slicing a zombie up wouldn't even require slowing down.

What are other players takes on this?
Welcome Toad008!

As I always try to do when I answer a question, I looked for a Jason Hill answer and here it is:

Quote:With the Blitz ability, Johnny may move into a space with one or more Zombies, Fight each of them, and then continue moving (win or lose, assuming he is not dead). This may be done multiple times during your move, even involving the same Zombie(s) more than once. For instance, Johnny could move into a space with a Zombie and Fight, move out, then move back into the same space and Fight that Zombie again. Blitz can be a really fun ability to use (especially with a Chainsaw), but it can easily get you killed. You have been warned! Zombie17

- Jason

Jason C. Hill
Flying Frog Productions

So he has to fight every zombie in the square not just one.
no beating that reply
i'm still confused about this ability.

this is hero's turn:
1) move action
4) fight zombies

1 - if jonnhy move in a space with zombies, he may fight all zombies in that space during his movement phase. so if he ends his movement in that space, in phase number 4 ("fight zombies") he has to fight again?
using blitz ability, take place a new combat phase, just in the middle of the movement phase?

2 - if jonnhy ends movement in a space with zombies , can avoid to fight zombies in movement phase, or he must fight (cause of blitz ability)?

i hope you'll understand my questions

thanks
He can choose to fight the zombies in that space during his move phase (and indeed, he must if he intends to keep moving). If he does not, he'll only have to fight them once, during the fight zombies phase.
(03-24-2011 03:46 PM)mqstout Wrote: [ -> ]He can choose to fight the zombies in that space during his move phase (and indeed, he must if he intends to keep moving). If he does not, he'll only have to fight them once, during the fight zombies phase.

ok. so if he fights, he's not forced to move out of that space, he can stop moving.

i misunderstood the "and" in blitz ability:

"When entering a space with a Zombie, may immediately fight the Zombie and continue moving."

i thought he was forced to move after fighting.

thanks a lot!!!
Reference URL's