TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Cleaver and Baseball Bat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This seems like a really nice combination, but it raises the question of how much a die roll is tied to a weapon.

Say Hero has these the Cleaver and the Baseball Bat and enters a fight with a zed. Zed rolls a 4, Hero rolls a 5 and a 1. Hero uses the Baseball to try and get a tie to kill zed and rolls a 6. Can Hero use the Cleaver ability to instantly kill zed?
(01-16-2011 08:39 PM)munkymuddface Wrote: [ -> ]This seems like a really nice combination, but it raises the question of how much a die roll is tied to a weapon.

Say Hero has these the Cleaver and the Baseball Bat and enters a fight with a zed. Zed rolls a 4, Hero rolls a 5 and a 1. Hero uses the Baseball to try and get a tie to kill zed and rolls a 6. Can Hero use the Cleaver ability to instantly kill zed?

Bat text: "The Hero may roll an extra Fight Dice."

In your example: I would have rolled all three dice for the Hero (2 for normal fight + 1 from the bat) at the same time to begin with. Hero rolls of 5,1, and 6 respectively. Cleaver instantly kills the Zed on the 6 rolled. In this case, if the last die rolled is a 5 or a 6 the Zed is dispatched.

A: Yes, Cleaver ability would instantly kill a zed if a '6' is rolled on the additional die.

more thoughts:

Combat modifiers stack. Think of it this way, your not using the just the Bat (or just the Cleaver), your having a fight with multiple blows and using whatever you have to do it. Its not a single swing. In your example fight, the Hero blasted the Zed in the mid section with the Bat causing its rotten form to double over a little, exposing its neck to the Hero, who deftly lopped the Zed's head off with the Cleaver, instantly killing it.
We had this same situation last night and ruled that once you elected to use the bat, you couldn't switch the die rolled to the clever as you can only use one weapon per fight.

For instance if on your first 2 fight dice you got the 6, then clever kill. But if (like you said above) the 6 came out on the bat swing, we said no clever kill, because you are now using a bat and not the clever.

Not sure if that's correct, but that's how we played it.
From Flying Frog Wiki:

Quote:Q16: Meat Cleaver - How do ‘instant’ kills work with weapons such as the Meat Cleaver?

A16: With the Meat Cleaver’s Combat Bonus, if a Hero rolls a 6 on any of their Fight Dice, the Zombie they are fighting is instantly Killed and the Fight ends immediately. Because it is ‘instant’, Zombies do NOT even get the chance to play cards (may not force a re-roll etc). It is also important to note that the Fight is NOT Resolved (the Hero is not hurt, even if the Zombie would normally have won the Fight).

The roll MAY be modified in order to get a 6 (adding extra dice, Re-rolling, adding 1 to a roll to change a 5 result into a 6), but once a 6 is rolled, the Hero may instantly act on it to use the Meat Cleaver’s Combat Bonus. If a Hero decides not to use the Combat Bonus to ‘instantly’ Kill (say they do not want to Kill the Zombie for some reason), the opportunity is wasted and the Meat Cleaver may NOT be used in conjunction with that 6 roll for the rest of the Fight.

As you can see any added dice can be used to get the 6 for the instant kill, so the Meat Cleaver and the Baseball Bat is a very powerful combo.
Non-Ranged Weapons effects are "Combat Bonuses".
You may use more than one Combat Bonus per combat, just cant use the same one twice in one Fight.
(01-16-2011 10:30 PM)Wade Wrote: [ -> ]We had this same situation last night and ruled that once you elected to use the bat, you couldn't switch the die rolled to the clever as you can only use one weapon per fight.

For instance if on your first 2 fight dice you got the 6, then clever kill. But if (like you said above) the 6 came out on the bat swing, we said no clever kill, because you are now using a bat and not the clever.

Not sure if that's correct, but that's how we played it.
I think that's not correct. Due to rules a hero can decide to use weapons after the roll. So after the original 2 he rolls the 3rd one and if it is a 6 he can decide to use the cleaver. And you can use more than 1 weapon. You can even use all of your items - 2 weapons and 2 other items you have (for example 2 Torches (not welding torch). That's the official rules as far as I understand it, but from a 'logical' point of view your 'hose rule' is much better and I would go along with using that as a house rule.
Quote:As you can see any added dice can be used to get the 6 for the instant kill, so the Meat Cleaver and the Baseball Bat is a very powerful combo.

Concur, Meat Cleaver and the Baseball Bat is a very powerful combo.
I like the Pitchfork and Meat Cleaver as well.
Yeah I see what your saying, Nebulon.
I guess I took the meaning of what you highlited in red to pertain to other dice added from cards or abilities that just give you another die to roll. Seems weird to use it conjuction with other weapons. Especially 2 handed weapons like the bat. :shrug:
A bat's not a two handed weapon?.
(01-17-2011 01:50 AM)Orguss Wrote: [ -> ]A bat's not a two handed weapon?.

I think he just means in real life it's a two handed weapon. I mean... it could be swung with one hand, but that wouldn't be pretty.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's