TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Melee combat and multiple weapons. Chainsaw content inside.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This came up last night.
We had a player (Father Joseph as I recall) during a game who got his mitts on a baseball batt and a chainsaw.

Now how we've been playing the zombie would roll one (or whatever) and the hero would roll 2 to start, then decide if he wanted to roll extra for a weapon. This was really no big deal at first, but then we had some situations, where for example the zombe would roll a 3, the hero would roll a 3 and a 5, then since he'd won he'd roll another die for the chainsaw so he could take the instant kill.

Or if the zombie rolled a 5 and he rolled a 3 and a 4, then he'd elect to use the bat and attempt to get the win that way.

Are we playing this correctly? I'm wondering if the weapon used should be declared before the roll or something, but that seems wrong too, because you might not want to chance your bat with a break roll if you fend off the zombie with your initial 2 dice roll.

It was a pretty powerful position for the hero and he scored some good kills out of it. Our zombie master was none too pleased at the time.
As far as I understand the rules this is legal. And yes that makes hero very overpowered without giving any rational chance for the zombie player to win the fight. Well in that case only a roll of 6 gives him a chance. But give the same 'combo' to Johnny(I had a similar situation) and there you have it... In fact as long as the weapons don't break (and in that situation the chainsaw is very hard to break) you may consider that hero 'immortal'. I mean is there any other way to kill a hero than in a fight?(apart from 'seppuku' from father Joseph or blowing a hero by explosive).
That is perfectly fine, Wade.

I don't decide whether to use the Chainsaw until I know I have beaten the Z roll.
Cool.

I just was feeling pretty bad for the zombies. We had the priest with the chainsaw the bat and faith played on him, and Becky had a bat and the meat clever (referenced in other thread where we unitentially house ruled against that bonus). It got to the point where we felt like we must be doing something wrong.

The zombies only won once all night.
Unless it says otherwise (Sledgehammer being an example of that), you always roll your base dice first and then can elect to use your Combat Bonuses (or not) or play cards (or not).
I can't tell you the time I didn't roll the chainsaw though. If I have it, I use it.
Sometimes you don't want to. If you win already, you might not want to risk it for the "It's Stuck" card.
(01-17-2011 01:29 AM)mqstout Wrote: [ -> ]Sometimes you don't want to. If you win already, you might not want to risk it for the "It's Stuck" card.

Right. I also never use it the at first because if that Zombie rolls a 6 you lose anyway. Why risk the chainsaw too? You should wait and see if you want to use it for the finishing blow.
Reference URL's