TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: New heroes in 4 or less players game -how many new heroes do you get?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can't find a straight answer to my doubt for a game with 4 or less players if the player has multiple heroes. How many of new heroes he gets when the last one dies?

Let's suppose a 3 player game where human players have 2 heroes and the sun track is in the red. A player's 1st hero is killed - nothing happens, no Zombie hero or new hero is placed - the total number of heroes on the board is 3 (plus 2 from the other player). Then the 2nd one dies - it is replaced with a zombie hero (putting the marker under the figurine). Then the player gets a new hero, or heroes? Does he 'fill up' his hero limit drawing 2 new heroes? Or he only gets to draw 1 hero, meaning that till the end of the game there will always be max of 3 heroes on the board? If he loses the new one, he again draws another one and a next Zombie hero is created. In that case if the other player loses one hero there would never be more than 2 heroes till the end of the game.

Which option is correct?

Just for clarification - when the sun track is in the black, the only difference is that a zombie hero is placed whenever a hero is killed - nothing else changes?
It's only one replacement, the latter one to perish. He doesn't 'fill up'. (As always, you're more than welcome to change this by house rule!)

When it's in the black, all dead heroes are zombified AND replaced.
Oh yes you are right about the black zone it's actually in the rule book that the heroes are replaced. But as far as red zone is concerned if one hero dies the limit is 3? If another dies from the second player there would by only 2 heroes for the end of the game?
Yes. Once you're lower on the sun track, only the last hero each player has is replaced.
Ok, that was also my concept but I wanted some clarification. Thanks :>
So the only time a hero is replaced is if a human player runs out of character Heroes or the sun track is in the black zone? This seems fine if there are 4 humans, each playing one Hero: there will always be four Heroes in play (until the heroes run out). It's even plausible when two human players are playing two Heroes each: there will be at most 4 heroes and at least 2 heroes. But when there's only one human player, it SUCKS when they only have 1 Hero to control.

I was playing the "Defend the Manor House" tonight, and we were confused by the rules for regaining heroes... we're tainted by IfOS's "when a hero dies, repopulate with a new hero." As we got down to the last three or four turns, I was able to keep zombies out of the house by using my heroes as bait to draw zombies out of the house... I won the game, but after re-reviewing the rules, I think I had to concede the game to my son on the basis that I should have not had so many heroes on the board at one time by the end. I had the last four heroes out, when technically, I should have attritioned down to one hero and then stayed at one for the rest of the game.
defend the manor is mega hard with only one Heroes player and no additional rules. try playing with Heroes Replenish and Always Zomie Heroes additional rules so that you always have a full team (and a chance!).
(02-06-2011 05:06 PM)munkymuddface Wrote: [ -> ]defend the manor is mega hard with only one Heroes player and no additional rules. try playing with Heroes Replenish and Always Zomie Heroes additional rules so that you always have a full team (and a chance!).

Sounds like that's what we did, even if by accident!
Reference URL's