TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Down To The Wire
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Played a couple scenarios this weekend that came down to the last turn or two. In each scenario, the entire game came down to one crucial die roll that sealed the fate of the Heroes.

In Burn 'Em Out, we had burned out 2 pits in the first half, but were having difficulty getting to any of the remaining due to good zombie defense. With only a handful of turns left and only two Heroes on the board, we had to make a run at it. Stacey tried to make a run to the Freezer, but a poor movement roll stopped her just outside the door of the Grocery Store. This gave the zombies a chance to block her path and they began to gather behind her. Plan B was a run to the pit just outside the Gym, but with Heavy Rain in play, she would need a roll of 6 to be able to make it. And she got it. the Zombie Hero didn't quite catch her, and the Heroes were victorious.
During the last 5 turns or so, we were all eating big bowls of ice cream. It was only after the game was finished that I realized that I was stress eating and had a massive cold headache.

In Burn It To The Ground, the game was decided on the last possible turn. All four spawning pits in the manor had their gas markers on them, so the Heroes just needed to get in there with some fire to win. With three dead heroes and no First Aid, the Heroes had to be very careful to pull this off. Sheriff Anderson had a Lighter and a Revolver. He ran in and made it to a spot in the manor occupied by a Zombie, and shot at it. Then he was mobbed. He managed to survive, but had two wounds. On the last turn of the game, he had four zombies to deal with in order to win. Two fights were cancelled with Events, the third fended off... And the last? The Zombie rolled a 2. The Sheriff rolled a pair of 2s. With no other buffs available, the Zombies were victorious.
I did not have any ice cream to occupy my hands during this one, so apparently I decided to claw at my face due to the stress, as I found a nail scratch between my eyes.

The creators of this game have done an excellent job of capturing the survival/horror genre. Well done.

Anyone else out there have some epic "Down to the wire/Just go for it" moments in this game?
(01-25-2011 05:11 AM)munkymuddface Wrote: [ -> ]The creators of this game have done an excellent job of capturing the survival/horror genre. Well done.

Anyone else out there have some epic "Down to the wire/Just go for it" moments in this game?

Yes. Both times I did the truck it came down to the last turn or two. Once it was finished off with a huge shotgun blast to clear the truck square. Our last Zombie Apocolypse game didn't have a clear winner until the sun was at 2.

We just played our second game of A Touch of Evil, and both were won by only one wound (playing co-op with my wife). One in our favor, and one for the Vampire. If only that cowardly Lord What's-His-Name didn't bugger off in the middle of the showdown!

All of these games seem marvelously balanced and are usually real nail-biters.
I have like in escape in the truck almost always comes down to the last 3 turns. I love it, makes the game soooo much more epic
I played two games back to back where it came down to just one roll of the dice. Those are the games you remember the most....
My friends and I have down to the wire games quite often! Especially when it comes to the manor house scenario, it always ends up being the last turn, with three heros having died, and a few dice rolls determine whether a forth hero dies or live and successfully defends the manor.
Reference URL's