TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: New LNOE Owner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello all,
Just got the game, and the play will be this coming Saturday. I was wondering which scenarios should be tried for the first couple of games, and should a group of good gamers just dive right in and start using the advanced rules? Thanks for any replies Watchmen02
As a good group of advanced gamers, we typically jump right into the advanced rules when we get a new Flying Frog game, and we enjoy doing so, but Your Mileage May Vary.

Personally, I find Escape In the Truck makes a good introductory scenario, honestly, though while I like that one, many others here loathe it. So, again.... YMMV.
I always play the basic rules of a game first. For one, my main opponent for new games is my 7 yr old. For two, It's easier to sort the rules out and we make less mistakes. It also helps make the advanced rules less complicated.
I would suggest the "Die Zombies Die!" one with the basic rules if you don't play games much. It is just runnin' and gunnin'. The advanced rules aren't super complicated, though, so it isn't so bad to go into a different scenario first. If you want to try this, I would suggest the "Escape in the Truck" scenario also.

We did that, then "Save the Townsfolks," then "Burn 'em Out," then "Defend the Manor House." This kinda seemed like the right path to make it a bit more challenging for the heroes each time.
I agree. Die Zombies Die, basic game. Then Escape, then Burn them out, Defend the manor, and then prolly Save the Townsfolk
Even with regular advanced gamers, I always use the basic rules first. It helps to learn things in steps.
Awesome thanks people, I think we'll try the Advanced rules with "Escape in the Truck" The group of guys I'm introducing this to are all long time gamers. We've recently started playing board games again after a couple of years taking a break, having kids etc. What other FF games do you guys recommend?
A touch of Evil for sure. Invasion fron Outer Space gets high praises as well, I'm just not into the scifi games.
I've read that A Touch Of Evil is like Arkham Horror light. Is that true you think?
(01-25-2011 10:23 PM)fourltrman Wrote: [ -> ]I've read that A Touch Of Evil is like Arkham Horror light. Is that true you think?

I ca't speak to that because I haven't played AH. From what I have heard, it is faster to play A Touch of Evil. We just got ATOE, and we love it. It is different enough from LNOE that it is worth checking out. I really like the co-op mode, and there is a solo game in the expansion, two things I have always liked in a game.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's