TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Dawn of the Zeds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In development at Victory Point Games is Dawn of the Zeds:

Dawn of the Zeds
States of SiegeTM #9

From designer Hermann Luttmann and lavishly illustrated by Heather Wagenbach arises Dawn of the Zeds , a States of Siege™ solitaire game of horror and survival. The world has gone crazy – a deadly virus has turned ordinary people into vicious, zombie-like killers. The undead, nicknamed "Zeds," are now converging on your corner of the world. You have been left to your own devices to stop them while the National Guard organizes a relief column and fights its way to you – but that could take days, or even weeks, before they arrive.

At the town of Farmingdale and its surrounding villages, you must coordinate its defenses. Regular citizens may emerge as heroes as you work to halt the Zeds' advances by (re)-killing them, discovering and implementing a cure to this vile scourge, and preserving the area and its inhabitants as much as possible.

In a game that requires the utmost test of skill and nerve, will you survive long enough? Will you be able to fight hordes of Zeds while protecting the townspeople? Unearth Dawn of the Zeds, a game that will keep you on your toes!

Game Components:

• One 8-page, color Game Rules booklet
• 12 color, die-cut 3/4” mounted game pieces
• 16 color, die-cut 5/8” mounted game pieces
• 10 color, die-cut 1/2” x 1” mounted game pieces
• 28 color, die-cut 5/8” round mounted game pieces
• 48 Event cards
• 20 Fate cards
• 8 Hero cards
• One 11” x 17” color game map
• 1 Player-Aid sheet
• Polybag packaging and component storage
I've never played a VPG game, but this one and Nemo's War having me champing at the bit.
vpg?

anyone got a link to this?

sounds like you can do single player?

soundguy
Victory Point Games

http://victorypointgames.com/details.php?prodId=142

Dawn of the Zeds is *only* solitaire, and uses their States of Siege game engine, which sounds like it does pretty well. One thing about VPG products is that they don't do tons of plastic and stuff...expect the game to come in a zip-top bag...old school.

I can't personally vouch for any of their products; I don't have any nor have I played any. I am *very* interested several of their titles. I think they even do a sort of *batch* pricing or sale sometimes, where you can get a few of their games for even less than they are normally (and they aren't exactly pricey to begin with).

Legions of Darkness looked interesting, as did Zulus at the Ramparts (probably easily re-themed to Zeds at the Ramparts) and Nemo's War. All solitaire, I think.
interesting.

is the game stand alone or would I need the master rule system to play it.

thanks for the link. I book marked it

soundguy
(04-08-2011 04:53 PM)soundguy Wrote: [ -> ]interesting.

is the game stand alone or would I need the master rule system to play it.

thanks for the link. I book marked it

soundguy

its stand alone...it just uses the same basic structure as the others.
Reference URL's