TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Spawning pits
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
was just looking through the scenarios and came across burn em out, and began to wonder can you destroy a spawning pit in a regular game?
Only in that specific scenario you can.
Hmmm....I suppose you could institute a house rule that Heroes could destroy Zombie Spawning Pits using the Burn 'Em Out rules. It would have to be worth some 'Dots' though.
Quite a few dots. At least two or three.
It could actually be zero dots and need both explosives+fire, and still have to hit. I'm pretty sure in the course of the night that might happen... once every three or so games?
Losing a spawning pit would [depending on the scenario] seriously hinder the zombie player. Explosives (yes, with the fire) come up and get used in pretty much every game of LNOE we play.
I agree with mqstout, this is a rule that would cripple the zombie player in many scenarios. It would be a hard house rule to balance correctly.

The reason that blowing up the pits works in Burn 'Em Out is because that is the win condition for the heroes. As they blow up the pits, it causes less spawning points for the zombies, resulting in a higher concentration of zombies around the remaining pits (theoretically). Since the Heroes need to get to the pits to win, the zombies are not hindered by having less.
Good point, munky!

Maybe the balance for the Heroes' Spawning Pit destroying capability could be some sort of movement bonus for the Zombie team. Like zombies get to move 2 or 3 spaces at a time instead of just one. That would make it much easier for zombies spawned in far away pits to make their way to the heroes.

The downside of destroying Spawning Pits is that the zombies start spawning more clumped together. This might actually be a good thing if you happen to have explosives and a fire item, but otherwise could lead to disaster if they all clump around you at once, or around something you need to get to, like the truck.
(02-16-2011 07:58 PM)Russ Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe the balance for the Heroes' Spawning Pit destroying capability could be some sort of movement bonus for the Zombie team. Like zombies get to move 2 or 3 spaces at a time instead of just one. That would make it much easier for zombies spawned in far away pits to make their way to the heroes.

That is an interesting way to balance it. Perhaps rule it that for every pit less than 4 on the board, the zombies gain 1 extra space for movement. So if there are only 3 pits, zombies gain +1 to movement; if there are only 2 pits, they gain +2 to movement...

If someone decides to test this as a house rule, I would suggest a scenario that has the standard 4 spawning pits. Not a scenario like Burn It To The Ground or Rescue Mission where there are additional pits built into the scenario.
Reference URL's