TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Finally got a win!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In the last 7 weeks that I have had LNOE, I have mostly played with my buddy - he as the zombies and me as the heroes. Up to this weekend, we had played all of the scenarios from, LNOE, GH, and HP1, and he had gone undefeated. This weekend, we cracked into SotF, and I finally got my first win. Though it came in INCREDIBLY cheap fashion.

The Setup:
The scenario was Hunker down. ZP rolled snake-eyes for starting zombies. I had Goddard in the Highschool, Jake and Victor in the Plant (they managed to roll the same random building for a start location), and Sherriff Anderson in the Hangar.

First Zombie turn: Draws Rotten bodies play immediately and loses both of his zombies.

First Hero turn: Goddard Barricades and then exerts himself in the Highschool. Moved Victor and Jake to the General store to get ready to Barricade that building. Played Brilliant Idea during Sherriff's search, drawing Block the Windows, choosing to Barricade the building that Victor and Jake were in.

With the board setup, the spawning pits were not very close to either of the barricaded buildings, and the heroes easily won in 4 turns. It felt cheap getting the win entirely from dumb luck, but with as snake-bit as I have been, I'll take it!
Honestly, I find it odd that so many post "X games in a row lost". I find the game to be superbly balanced and only really favors zombies 55/45. Congrats none-the-less on your win.
The win-loss record when playing with more people is much more balanced, pretty close to 60-40.

The undefeated streak (11-0) is a little skewed too. The first 6 or so games we were still learning and figuring things out. I was playing most hand weapons wrong, so there was a little bit of a handicap on the Heroes.
Of the remaining 5 games, a handful came down to the wire, one critical fight that decides which side wins. In those cases, the dice tend to hate me (For instance: ZP rolls a 2 for his zombie and I roll a pair of 2s).
When more people to play with win-loss record is more balanced, very close to 60-40.

Undefeated streak (11-0) is a little bit of tilt. We are still learning and figuring things in the first six games. I hit most of the hand weapon is wrong, so there is almost a little hero.
The remaining five games, a few down the wire, a key struggle to decide which party wins. In this case, the dice tend to hate me (for example: ZP for his zombie Volume 2, I rolled on 2S).
(12-13-2011 10:40 PM)deanmac Wrote: [ -> ]When more people to play with win-loss record is more balanced, very close to 60-40.

Undefeated streak (11-0) is a little bit of tilt. We are still learning and figuring things in the first six games. I hit most of the hand weapon is wrong, so there is almost a little hero.
The remaining five games, a few down the wire, a key struggle to decide which party wins. In this case, the dice tend to hate me (for example: ZP for his zombie Volume 2, I rolled on 2S).

Wow this guy makes about as much sense as me!Watchmen02
When my girlfriend and I tend to play, she likes being the zombies and I like being the heros we tend to have really close games with a pretty even record.
I have a friend who religiously logs the games results, and "Defend the Manor House" is the only frequently played scenario that the Zombies have always won. His records have Heroes winning ~40%, but he plays a lot of games with an experienced Zombie Player versus a group of mixed or inexperienced Heroes. And skill does seem to be a major factor, the heroes win around 80% when he plays a hero and someone new tries their hand at being the Zombie Lord.
Reference URL's