TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: ATOE expansion poll
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, in order to get ATOE out of the graveyard of forgotten games, let's spur some creative juices with a poll about possible expansions. I think (hope) that Flying Frog already has some ideas they are working on, but here's some more:

(I forgot: Allies Minis and Sebastian Skinner!)
I suspect that FF is going to be doing a new expansion soon; they've just been focusing on IFOS and CoPE lately. I look forward to seeing what they've got coming out with next!

While I certainly wouldn't object to villain miniatures (more things to paint!), I'm not sure they're really needed for the game. I'm not sure I like the idea, however, of rules for a secret villain or including a D3 (you can get those in most gaming-specialty shops if using a D6 is really too much of a hassle), or having cards for the downloadable bonus characters from the website.
i own Atoe but have not been able to get a game in sense i bought it. so i dont really know what the game needs but if i had to choose, being a zombie player, id want an expansion allowing you to play as the villain.
New Villians and minions add more to the game than anything else, in my opinion. Also, I have always wished for villian minis, even if they aren't necessary. I would put them on the board whenever they strike at a location, and I could ride to town hall with my little headless horseman. The cardboard markers for the villians don't do them justice. Maybe FFP could release minis for ATOE and Something Wicked in one set, like the Zombies with Grave Weapons.
I always love new characters and maps, but I had to vote for Nutcracker and Dryad. It just really bothers me that there are these two really cool villians out there that are essentially unplayable due to lack of game pieces (I'm not a do-it-yourself guy when it comes to this kind of stuff, so the printouts don't help me at all). I don't even need minis, just "offical" chits and villians cards to use in the game, like all the others have. I've been hoping they'd make this one of the $10-$15 web exclusives. I REALLY wanted the Nutcracker fight to be my group's Christmas party this past holiday season. Maybe next year (fingers crossed).
.....And..as I research the ATOE background, i can't help but notice that that dern ol' winged amphibian has a tendency to hint at the next game set at the end of thier credits in the rule book. In Someting Wicked: there is mention of The Suffian Crypt. Perhaps a mini-map connected by 'tunnels' (like the secret passageway) to the Manor and the Monastary...a mini-map of a large crypt and the horrors within.

Here;'s the pic of the card The Suffian Crypt.
[Image: pic468151_md.jpg]

Descending into the catacombs beneath the Monastery, you crack the seal and enter the Suffian Crypt. There can be no going back now.
Interesting Monsieur Fate! I don't have Something Wicked yet, but I want to pick it up as soon as I have the funds. It doubles the amount of board and villians, and adds 4 new heroes and a bunch of cards? Sounds like it is totally worth it.
In theory...the Suffian Crypt could simply be another viable 'Corner Location', accessable via the gathering of other cards. For example, you have this nice deck of Suffian Crypt Location Cards that can't be used until someone brings a Key card (found at the various locations), goes to the Monestary and draws the Suffian Crypt card.

Hmmm..... New thought: check this thread out: http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...d-Gameplay
It's definitely worth it, Vikinglad. Also, if you tend to play cooperative games, I've found the enemies from Something Wicked handle the larger groups better.
(02-18-2011 05:09 PM)gavindowning Wrote: [ -> ]It's definitely worth it, Vikinglad. Also, if you tend to play cooperative games, I've found the enemies from Something Wicked handle the larger groups better.

SOLD! I have never even tried the competitive version, but it peaks my interest. My wife and I can both be pretty competitive, and we play this co-op when LNOE is putting us at odds with eachother.
Reference URL's