TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Van Helsing's Tactics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK...various thoughts in other threads have led me to something like so: when one has certain Item/Ally cards and draws a certain Investigation/Danger card, a 'good thing' will occur. You keep any cards as normal, and must follow the card effects as normal before applying your bonus.

This list will be detailed in a short list of combinations for each monster and some 'General' good things (like the Suffian Tomb).

The game effect is to give the playerfs some tactical options they can follow or ignore, weighing the time spent searching for these cards against the bonus provided. Remember, that an option would not usually occur to a player until they get that first item/ally and the options would expire if the Investigation/Danger is drawn by a player without the proper Items/Allies.

First test: Van Helsing's Tactics against vampires

The format is as follows: [If you draw] *having card plus/or card* =game effect

[crates of foriegn soil (windmill)] *Garland (woods) OR Holy Water (mansion)* = Vampire can no longer use 'Slip into the Night' ability

[Meeting of Town Eldars (manor)] *Tools of science ($ or Keep) AND Helaing Herbs ($ or Woods)* = Vampire can no longer use 'Bite' ability

[Shallow Grave (woods)] *Wooden Stake (windmill) OR Relic (keep)* = Vampires 'Children of the Night' ability only gets a Succubus on a 6+ and treatall rolls of 4 'Walking Dead' on the Minion Chart as No Effect

[Ancestral Tomb (keep)] *Skeleton Key (manor) AND Book of Town History (windwill) AND Daybreak Event Card* = trigger Showdown with that character getting a free full attack on the Vampire immediately -no response attack from Vampire.

Please try it out (my game nights are very limited) and then (if positive repsonses) I will add more Tactics for the other beasties and a few General Ones. (General Ones will be harder to complete but will work whatever the Villain).

-Mike (Pfr_Fate)
A correction occurs to me, beccause findng all the items AND the draw card can be way too much work:

If one of the [if you draw] cards has been used and discarded, then a person can pluck it from the discards after encountering the space, if he meets the entire requirement of the 'having card plus/or card' cards. This occurs even if the 'encounter the space' draw was the card, in whch case, you merely do the normal encounter, discard it then pluck it immediately from the discard pile!

For example: A player has the Holy Water and/or Garland and goes to the Windmill, he encounters the windmill space, draws and follows the results of that draw. If he is still alive and in the windmill space, he is allowed to pull the [crates of foriegn soil] card from the discard pile (if it is there), and trigger the tactical use only (do not use the text encounter on the card again). The same applies for the Manor's [meeting with town eldars], except the player needs to have both Tools of Science AND Healing Herbs to pull [meeting with town eldars] out of the discard pile for its tactical use.
Reference URL's