TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Rule Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So my group and I played a game with the advanced rules over the weekend and here is the battle report and a few questions: (warning lots of text)

4 players (myself on the zombie team)

The heroes choose Jenny, Nurse Becky, Father Joseph, and Johnny.
We played the "Escape in the Truck" scenario.
The first few turns Becky, Johnny, and Father Joseph spent together moving and searching in buildings. Early on we got "A town overrun card" which took out an early set of keys and put them into the discard pile. The heroes original strategy was to send the nearest hero (Jenny) into the junk yard with a gun, hand weapon, and first aid kit, while they searched, used Strength of Spirit, and healed. Following my really poor rolling for spawns and a few fight rounds, we managed to encircle Jenny and almost got the "I feel strange" card on her but the father countered with SoS. Later, we got another "I feel strange" card and played it on Becky who had just found some gasoline. As she got surrounded she handed it off to Johnny who blitzed his way towards the truck. The following turn we managed to wound her and got our first zombie hero. Our brief moment of triumph was cut short when Father Joseph managed to find some keys.

With the two scenario items found the heroes rushed towards the truck.
We almost managed to catch Johnny, but the heroes moved a well equipped Jenny (meat cleaver, shotgun, dynamite) into our path so following the zombie hunger rule we had to target her. Eventually, with the help of a few shambles, we got zombie hero Becky and a few normal zeds in the same space as the truck along with Johnny. The second to last turn we got a few lucky strikes and ripped apart Jenny, but then the father rolled a six and maneuvered onto the truck. Final turn had us trying to kill them with ZH Becky and 2 zombies, and on their final turn Johnny managed to fill up the gas tank while Father Joseph killed a zombie, and the heroes won it. Zombie13

Our group didn't seem to struggle with the additional rules as I feared they would and it was a great game, and tense all the way til the end.

I believe that since this was our first time using two zombie players and integrating the zombie heroes we may have made a few ruling blunders.
I'm not quite sure if we are playing the turns correctly. When its the heroes turn, we play that each hero character takes his individual turn: moving, exchange, shoot, and combat. If that is correct we assumed it also applied to the two zombie players. My zombie partner argued that the sun track would go down twice according to the little Zombie/Hero turn cards. We all agreed that wasn't the case (with the sun track) but operated with each of us taking our zombie turns (drawing,moving,fighting,spawning etc.)one at a time.

So I'm wondering what what you guys do?

The other question concerns the father's Strength of Spirit ability. I remember reading somewhere that the father's SOS could be used to cancel "I feel strange" when it is played, and when it's effect is used on him, but only once, and after he takes a wound. When we tried to play the card on Becky the father countered, and his roll failed so we placed the card on Becky. When she took her next wound he wanted to play it again to block the effect, assuming his SOS would also apply to another hero. We all agreed that seemed fair and he rolled, and failed again.

Is that how the ability is supposed to work, or do you guys have a different interpretation?

Thanks in advance for any responses and I apologize for all the text.
I was wrong so please disgard.

According to the interpretations of the rules I have read here and ohter readings, I believe that SoS only works when a card is played, and not again when it takes effect in the case of I Feel Kinda Strange and Bitten.

Thanks MQSTOUT.
The turn phrasing was updated with the rules for IFOS for clarity (but is functionally the same). There are two turns: the zombie turn and the hero turn. During each hero turn, the various heroes each activate (in whichever order they choose) once. However, for the zombie turn, each phase happens just once. The sun track moves, then both zombie players draw, then each rolls for respawn, then each moves... (See FAQ here http://flyingfrogwiki.com/ffpwiki/index....mbie_Turn)

Since "I feel kinda strange" is a 'Remains in Play' card, you can attempt to cancel it at any time (all remains in play cards can be canceled at any time. The hero/zombie event cards that cancel only remains... cards are more limited cancels, not stronger. So you could attempt multiple Father Joe cancels to remove the card. You would have to cancel it before the wound is taken.
When "I feel kinda strange"/"bitten" is played on anyone other than Father Joe, he can attempt to cancel the card at anytime that it is in play. If the card is played on him, then he needs to cancel it as it is being played. Once it is in play on him, if he were to take the wound to use his ability, that would would trigger the card, turning him into a Zombie Hero.
http://flyingfrogwiki.com/ffpwiki/index...._of_Spirit
Q12: If Father Joseph has “I Feel Kinda Strange…” played on him, can he use his Strength of Spirit to cancel it without becoming a Zombie Hero?

A12: Father Joseph may use his Strength of Spirit to cancel “I Feel Kinda Strange…” as it is being played with no problems. Once “I Feel Kinda Strange…” ‘Remains in Play’ on him though, it is a little bit more dangerous. He may try to cancel it once, by taking a wound with Strength of Spirit, but if he fails, he is immediately turned into a Zombie Hero.
Ah, thanks for clarifying.
Awesome, thanks for the response guys!
Reference URL's