TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Who do You Root for more - Heros or Zombies in your games?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I think this is one of the best games out there, hands down, just an awesome game with the right group. I find myself usually rooting for who ever I am playing ( I am usually the zombies more then a hero )......... but not all the time.

Any one else find themselves engrossed enough in the game that they are playing the Z´s and rooting for the heros or the other way around? The theme is there enough that I can find myself carried away enough in the story that I feel bad for the poor humans knowing my horde will be feasting on brains sooner then later and will cheer for the heros even though I am the zombies ( not enough not to play all my cards and do my beast to let my horde feast - but enough where I feel relieve when a hero rolls high for his movement roll so he is not such easy pickings for my advancing mob.

I have not felt it the other way around, where I am rooting for the Z´s to win as the heros, but then I really want to win as the heros since I don´t play the good guys to much.

So who do you root for when you are not playing and watching others play?

The Hero´s
The Zombie´s
I am usually rooting for whoever has the win condition (which is the heroes most of the time).

To clarify, some scenarios have a zombie win condition (Defend the Manor House, Zombie Pillage...) where the zombies have to do something (other than just killing four heroes) to win while the heroes try to stop it. In most of the others it's the heroes who have to do something and the zombies try to stop it.
whoever I'm playing is who I want to win
Hendal, I'm sort of the same way. I play as the Zombies but am kind of rooting for the heroes. Really I just want to see an interesting back and forth go on. LNOE is great in that sometimes you get a really good narrative going on. Doesn't mean I'm not trying to win, but it's fun to see the balance shift or the heroes to get out of (or into) a sticky situation.
The heroes, the odds are almost never in their favor

Gothicincarnation

Zombies... I always root for the Zeds. If I am playing them or not. I am always the hero sacrificing himself to the Zeds for the others, secretly thinking the Zombies will be one more hero death closer to winning. LOL

A person can be cool... People on the whole suck, feed 'em to the zombies. LOL I know, I am so bad. And I like it. hahaha
I root for the heroes, unless the zombies are getting stomped, really I don't care as much about winning as I do about the game being evenly matched. It is so much more fun when it comes down to the wire.
Hey Marcuso,

Yea a close game is best, I agree with you there.
We rarely have a game that is a stomping for either side. Unless we're playing a game like get to the truck and we draw gas and keys quick. I always root for heroes and that is the same for when I'm watching zombie movies. They seem to always be the underdog.
I almost always play zombies, but I always root for the heroes. Why? because I am an evil SOB when playing zombies that the heroes have almost no chance in a fight.

I especially like 12 on 1 fights where I use all my nasty cards on the one hero, only to be fought off against impossible odds (usually by a little girl of some kind, the guys almost always die first for some reason)

for me it feels just like the movies where you go "noooo, dont do that" when someone does something stupid or brave and that is what makes the game fun
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's