TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: trouble uploading
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i'm not very technologically inclined so i have no idea what i am doing wrong or how to fix it, but whenever i try to upload the heroes i made it tells me i'm using the wrong file. i use gimp and it saves it as an xcf file. i tried changing them to .jpeg but it still wouldn't load. anyone have any suggestions??

Gothicincarnation

(03-01-2011 12:48 AM)JMun233 Wrote: [ -> ]i'm not very technologically inclined so i have no idea what i am doing wrong or how to fix it, but whenever i try to upload the heroes i made it tells me i'm using the wrong file. i use gimp and it saves it as an xcf file. i tried changing them to .jpeg but it still wouldn't load. anyone have any suggestions??

Are you trying to upload it as an attachment, to the downloads, or to the gallery? It might be the file size... or the formatting (There are several different formats of JPEG.) XCF might be an issue in and of itself as it can't be displayed on the web. But JPGs should be fine...

On another note: I recommend using the PNG file type for images, clearer images, less pixelation, and decent compression.
thanks i will give that i try
Anything over 32 MB will be rejected...I ran into that problem over and over...
(03-01-2011 04:37 AM)D153453D Wrote: [ -> ]Anything over 32 MB will be rejected...I ran into that problem over and over...

any suggestions on fixing the problem?? lol most of the stuff i'm trying to put on is only 3.7 MB at most :S. i'm probably doing something wrong, as i said not very computer savvy. i'll get my roommate to help me he is a tech guy. thanks for all the help guys, you guys are awesome Watchmen02
(03-01-2011 04:39 AM)JMun233 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-01-2011 04:37 AM)D153453D Wrote: [ -> ]Anything over 32 MB will be rejected...I ran into that problem over and over...

any suggestions on fixing the problem?? lol

Reduce your file size and get it below 32MB, lol. I dunno if that's the problem. I have no idea why it would ever be that high in the first place. I just made Gothicincarnation a few days ago and the JPEG was only 1.4 MB.

Since you have the Hero Template, I'm assuming you have download access so it can't be a permission issue.

How large is your GIMP file or JPEG when you save it out?

Is PDF an option? PNG, Tiff, Targa shoudl all work.

Gothicincarnation

(03-01-2011 04:39 AM)JMun233 Wrote: [ -> ]
any suggestions on fixing the problem?? lol most of the stuff i'm trying to put on is only 3.7 MB at most
Reduce your file size and get it below 32MB, lol. I dunno if that's the problem. I have no idea why it would ever be that high in the first place. I just made Gothicincarnation a few days ago and the JPEG was only 1.4 MB.
[/quote]

I thought I was the only one here who brain farted this bad? LOL At least now I am in good company! LOL

He said it was 3.7 MB, and you tell him to reduce it to under 32 MB again? You need sleep D153453D... LOL

But again I ask JMun233... Where are you trying to upload the file?? As an attachment to a post? In the Gallery? In the Downloads? Each is different and there is a possibility that each has a different solution. We need to know more about where you are trying to upload the images to correctly help you out.

On another side note... .jpeg might not be accepted by the board... but .jpg would be. Both are valid extensions for the exact same file type, but the forum might not accept the extra "e" in .jpeg. You could try changing it to .jpg instead and see if that works.
No way. It must be a late edit... it MUST BE!

Gothicincarnation

(03-01-2011 06:03 AM)D153453D Wrote: [ -> ]No way. It must be a late edit... it MUST BE!

Nope, Sorry D, his post was last edited: Yesterday 10:46 PM, and your reply was Yesterday 10:51 PM... Unless you are a REALLY slow typer... LOL Zombie03
Not you... Not you too!... You're all against me!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's