TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Thought about Showdown
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There's that wonderful Showdown Chart, which provides interesting shifts in the combat. You know the one. Well, i was thinking about ways to use it besides rolling once per round, which seemed a little too random.

So, i thought about various ways to trigger the effect (which is often bad for the Heroes). My feeling is that it is a sudden change in tactics for the Villain after he took a rough beating in the current round.

But what constitutes a 'rough beating'?

Without too much research, I am suggesting Wounds equal to:
Competative: 3.
Cooperative: (3 x Heroes in Game).
Team (3 x largest Team Size).

So, if there's three Cooperative Heroes and the Villain takes 9 or more Wounds that Showdown Round total, then roll on the Showdown Chart for the next round's effects.

If there's one Competative Hero, then it's three or more Wounds in one round.

If there's a team of 2 and a team of 3, then the Wounds are nine or more.

What do you think: is '3' the right multiplier? Too little? Too much?
I like it. Do you think it should be "wounds per showdown round," or maybe just total wounds dealt. Like, in your 3 peep co-op game example, every 9 wounds, the dice is rolled at the end of the round? That way it would be sure to come up every game. Is this maybe too powerful this way. We are about 50/50 with the regular rules as is. We haven't added this chart yet.
What my thought was that the Showdown Chart roll should not be automatic at a certain Wound Level (like 50% or such), but occur only if the Heroes lay a serious amount of Wounds on the Villain in one Round. In that way, the Heroes that are having an easy time of it get a nasty surprise.
Ah, I get it. Sounds interesting. Maybe I will try this out next time we play.
Reference URL's