TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Zombie movement at building corner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have always played the game as if walls did not exist or impede Zombie movement in any way shape or form (unless by an event card).

However, last night my buddy said that Zombies aren't allowed to move diagonally through a wall at a corner (see attached picture for clarification). This didn't really make sense to me, and seemed to be a huge disadvantage, but as it was his house we played by that rule. His reasoning was that walls are more reinforced at corners.

Just seeking some clarification here that zombies can move diagonally through a wall at a building corner.
[attachment=488]
(03-20-2011 06:12 PM)cermatm Wrote: [ -> ]I have always played the game as if walls did not exist or impede Zombie movement in any way shape or form (unless by an event card).

However, last night my buddy said that Zombies aren't allowed to move diagonally through a wall at a corner (see attached picture for clarification). This didn't really make sense to me, and seemed to be a huge disadvantage, but as it was his house we played by that rule. His reasoning was that walls are more reinforced at corners.

Just seeking some clarification here that zombies can move diagonally through a wall at a building corner.
Yes they can move diagonal through a wall corner, please check page 10 of the LNoE rulebook under 4)Move Zombies. Your friend hasn't a clue what he is talking about.
You were playing it right like xraine said.
I wouldn't bother setting your zombies after your buddy's brain Zombie03
Cool, thanks for the speedy reply. Needed the clarification to know I wasn't out of my rocker.
He probably got mixed up with Heroes not being bale to enter diagonally.
He could also have been thinking of a hero with a ranged weapon. If a hero were to be standing at that corner, they would not be able to shoot into the building...
(03-21-2011 01:44 PM)munkymuddface Wrote: [ -> ]He could also have been thinking of a hero with a ranged weapon. If a hero were to be standing at that corner, they would not be able to shoot into the building...
depending on whether they're on the inside of the corner or out. If they're on the outside (where the wall doesn't wrap around them) they're not adjacent to either wall. If they're on the inside of the corner (where the walls wrap around them) they're adjacent to both walls. It doesn't metter if they're inside the building or out, just the orientation of the corner. At least that's how I interpret it.
(03-21-2011 08:14 PM)Mino Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-21-2011 01:44 PM)munkymuddface Wrote: [ -> ]He could also have been thinking of a hero with a ranged weapon. If a hero were to be standing at that corner, they would not be able to shoot into the building...
depending on whether they're on the inside of the corner or out. If they're on the outside (where the wall doesn't wrap around them) they're not adjacent to either wall. If they're on the inside of the corner (where the walls wrap around them) they're adjacent to both walls. It doesn't metter if they're inside the building or out, just the orientation of the corner. At least that's how I interpret it.

I should clarify what I meant (sorry, my initial post was done early in the morning from my phone): In the diagram above, if the Hero were to be standing in the corner that says Zombie (lower right), they would not be able to shoot into the building (upper left). Any other square (in this example) would have no restrictions for ranged attacks.
Reference URL's