TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Red November
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
One thing I have always loved about pick up board games is humor. Sometimes I want to just have a laugh and Red November by Fantasy Flight Games is a great beer and pretzels game. From the publisher:
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_m...sp?eidm=36
Quote:Red November

Bad times have hit the experimental gnomish submarine Red November.
The sub has gone crazy, and everything’s going wrong at once. Fires are burning, the sub is leaking, and critical systems keep failing. Help is on the way, but the gnomish sailors must hold out until the rescuers arrive.

Red November, a frantic game of survival for 2-8 players, is a cooperative race against the clock. Co-designed by the prolific Bruno Faidutti (Ad Astra, Citadels), Red November tasks players with keeping their sub from sinking, which means combating raging fires, rising flood waters, and dangerous reactor failures. Everyone must work together if anyone is to survive, and working together means finding the most efficient use of every gnome on board.

With every passing minute, something goes wrong. Can you make it until help arrives?

It is cooperative with a significant chance of backstabbing. Let's just say that if rescue is close and the situation is dire enough some less than honorable members of the crew may elect to save themselves and leave the remaining crew to drown, explode, burn or be eaten by the Kraken. At such times having another gnome about with a wrench is an excellent way to instill discipline.

This is a relatively inexpensive and outright hilarious game. It combines competition, teamwork, humor and a desperate sense of impending doom at every step. If you haven't tried it then give it a spin.
This is a good game!

Out of the four times I've played it, I've not won once, but it definitely was fun!
I've seen on FFG page but for some reasons "Humerous"Games just don't appeal to me.
Like moveng counters & plastic bits around a Table is serious stuff!

OD
Fantastic game. i built my own board for it because the original one is so small. While great to take down the pub, it was just too small for proper gaming at home. If anyone's interested I could put out a photo of it.

w.
Reference URL's