TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Vikinglad finally shows some painted figs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So after much talking about it, I finally had a little photo shoot with my painted figs. So far I have painted 4 of the original 8 in this order: Father Joe, Becky, Sher. Anderson, and Jenny. Oh ya, I also did Billy first, just in case I screwed something up the first time around (I hates Billy!). And I did. Everything was cool until the end. I used waaay too much varnish, sprayed from a bit too close, and encased him in a thick layer of solid protection. Now he is carbonite Billy. I may fix him later after I paint the rest of my figs. I may turn him into Ash. I just may keep him as is, as eternal punishment for being so completely useless.

The first thing I made, though, was this car that we now use instead of the truck. After being teased with the cardboard chit for the truck, and then realizing it had no purpose other than a marker, I decided to make a car and some rules for driving it around. You could hit zombies, crash through walls and make new doors, etc. I never tried it, just made a bunch of notes.

I am painting these with Testors Enamel paints, in all flat colors. I only have Blue, Red, Yellow, Green, Brown, tan, "Rubber" (Blackish-Brown), White, Black, and Silver. Most of these paints are from about 15 years ago, but with a bit of thinner and mixing, seem to work just fine.

After a 15-year hiatus from painting figs, I am using newly learned techniques (washing, highlighting, drybrushing) from the Samurai's Painting Tutorials, substituting the word "water" for "thinner." Here are the first two I cropped down and uploaded. I will try to get a couple more up when I have a chance.

[Image: DSC00703.JPG]

The doors on the car open, for lots of posing fun whilst playing! I took the car from my daughter, with the agreement that I have to give it back if she ever wants it. It reminds me of a campy 70's style zombie flick.

[Image: DSC00716.JPG]
Watchmen02 Nice move on the car Watchmen02 I love the details like the handprint.
The handprint is awesome. The whole car is... bullet holes, and a front that's splattered many a zed. I think that, just maybe, it distracts from the actual figures too much. Watchmen02 That's some pretty fine stroking, there, on the chainsaw and flashlight. And Father Joe's belt buckle? There's a reason my figures are gray plastic.
Yeah!!! Some painting from Vikinglad good to see bro! Yeah I love the car too and your colours are looking pretty smooth. My favorite would be Jenny the colour scheme is bang on. Thank you for using the guides. I had hoped that the odd person would use them. You've done well to say you've been out of it so long. Thanks for posting I do like to see other peoples work.

So question time... Do you plan to paint some more? Watchmen02
nice work, the car adds to the whole experience and I love the nurse her flaming red shoes, she's hot to begin with but the shoes really point out she a bit of a OoohLaLaa Watchmen02
Thanks for all of the kind words everyone. The people we play with seem to like the car too. We put it out even when the scenario doesn't call for it.

I am planning on painting the rest of my figs. First the remaining originals, then the Growing Hunger ones, then my ATOE heroes. I would have started woth the ATOE ones because I like those figs better, but I got LNOE first and started painting them before I got ATOE. I don't think I will do the zombies, but I may try to do something fast like a wash and drybrush, with a little gore.

(03-31-2011 06:03 AM)Kiddarqo Wrote: [ -> ]...I love the nurse her flaming red shoes, she's hot to begin with but the shoes really point out she a bit of a OoohLaLaa Watchmen02

She almost ended up with white thigh-high stockings too, but I didn't want to go overboard. Insane20
VG eventhough Samuraitrev said you were odd( "Thank you for using the guides. I had hoped that the odd person would use them. ")
it's a nice paint job.

OD
Reference URL's