TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Heresy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any one have any input on the new Horus Heresy? i have been eyeing it for quite a while, I can't make out the entirety of teh mechanics of it... I am a big Warhammer 40K, Space Hulk fan as well (Genestealers vs Zombies anyone see the connection a bit?).
Any advice would be appreciated. I dont really know if I want to pay for the gaming store owners beer supply for the month.. ya know?

Oh yeah and "Blood for the Blood God!"
I have the GW version and it was a cool game but usually victory or defeat came down to
drawing a card to get to the WarMasters spaceship.

OD(Beer for the Beer God!)
You know, Stoneman. I was thinking the same thing. Space Hulk is one of my all time favs, and the genestealer/ zombie comparison is scary. I do have to give it to the 'Stealers, tho. Fast moving... huge claws... and you don't know how many there are until you get LOS (They are on the gameboard as a "blip" piece until they come into LOS). I don't know if there are any special rules for Zombies yet in any of the expansion packs that would give them speed or something along those lines (on a more permanent basis... kinda like 28 days later), but I figure this is definitely the place to find out before I buy stuff! Zombie17
The speediest zombies you get in the expansions are a couple of Grave Weapon zombies, who move a little faster (but still not living-speed). The crawling torso moves 2 (and it's hard to get away from him when he's in your square), and the recently dead moves D3+1 move, which is much closer to human speed. But those are luck-of-the-draw.
Recently dead? Do you mean Zombie Heroes, or are you talking something else that I'm going to have to learn about?
Reference URL's