TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: New board pieces
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just wondered what everyone's ideas were for new board pieces. For me I'd love to see more board pieces in expansions, rather than just new cards all the time.

For L-Shaped pieces I'd like to see a few houses. Amongst other things.

And for a centre board I'd quite like to see a lake, or marsh or something. I think that would be pretty cool to see a new set of swamp zombies spawn out of the centre board lake.
I want to see the asylum
I'd like to see the Military base Fort Baxter and Widowcrest Asylum defo.

I like the idea of Swamp zombies.Zombie02 Although I'd really like to see horribly rotten civil war zombies too...
Definitely new board corners, definitely. At this point, I've got all the expansions, and my hero/zombie decks are getting pretty thick! I'm not sure there's much room for more in either deck!
I'd love to see some rules for multistory buildings and roof top boards and stair pieces for existing boards. This would lead to the eventual corporate office building in the center of town. I guess I need to get off my butt and get to work on it if nothing else. Too bad that you can't use the existing vehicle icon for the garage: The pickup is almost bigger than the church (They probably wouldn't have this zombie problem if the town had a bigger church)
How would multi floors look like on the board though? Is there potential to create a small board piece representing the upstairs floor and putting it on a stand over that building? Then pieces could be placed on both the downstairs and upstairs?
Or would you simply put a token underneath the piece in question to signify whether it's upstairs or downstairs?
Alot of these ideas were already undertaken marvelously by DD:

D's Stories of the Undead Inferno!!!
How about for a board piece, having a bridge on it, and you can have the zombies crawling up over the sides. heh heh
(04-11-2011 12:24 PM)Jarheadmartian Wrote: [ -> ]How would multi floors look like on the board though? Is there potential to create a small board piece representing the upstairs floor and putting it on a stand over that building? Then pieces could be placed on both the downstairs and upstairs?
Or would you simply put a token underneath the piece in question to signify whether it's upstairs or downstairs?

I was thinking they would be a full board for each existing boards since you need to do ALL roofs (with the exception of the churches steeples) and have a way to track people/things scaling and then additional smaller roofs for the roofs on second story buildings (probably sized card sized for since not much will be going on 3 floors up). Roofs would probably have Kites, frisbees and S.O.S. messages on them.

The office building would be several full middle boards (probably 7 and use 2 random middle floors and the roof and parking garage having to be used in all of both, though you could have alts of both of these as well.
as well the mansion. I imagine it would be possible to have a full game with just a 4 or 5 story office building and no L boards as an option. Spawning pits would be in the trash compactor room, the labs, a janitors closet and cafeteria. Pick-up items would be the fire ax, first aid kit, and handguns in the Human Resource department. Etc. If FF tries to tackle this it would probably have to be a full box expansion. Add on new heroes as well, though not sure how many more cards are needed. Probably a Helicopter pad up there. I'm not sure how to handle existing heroes starting locations, though I don't think it would be a big deal.

Stairs on existing boards would be added as a counter. Changing levels with a stairs/ladder would be 1 movement point per level. Scaling the wall for heroes/zombie heroes will be an entire movement for 1 level as an agility act / zombies agility roll (assumed agility for zombies 2 (?)) / Martians, Martian Leader 1 movement point since they have jet packs. (Zarg Beast does not scale pathetic human!!!!) Heroes/Z. Heroes and Marians can use elevator in office building to go to ANY floor at the cost of their full movement (cause those sort of things are always slow...). Hero / Z. Hero falling damage would be +2/story fall on a d6 to kill (1 floor drop kills on 1-2, 2 story fall kills on 1-4, 3 story fall kills on 1-6 (survivable with die roll adding card...). If they live, the still receive a wound on a 4+ per floor they fall. Zombies take wound on a 4+ per floor they fall. Martians still fly.

New items would be a Ladder (2 handed, 1 story, needs to start on ground or a roof - level surface), grappling hook and Sniper rifle (unlimited range if on second story or higher). All other firearms ranges count 1 'square' per level it changes.

This is just brain storming in a few hours. Not sure what needs more work
Well, that is quite interesting. You have everything stormed out except for the actual layout and lucky for you... I stormed that one out. Watchmen02

The board is going to be 3D. The building will be actual building that you'll have to set up, but for this to happen, a couple things are going to have to happen. First, a City Expansion will have to come out where all you have are streets and building bases. Now this can be played just fine without getting the actual buildings, but each of the building that are supposed to be multi-floor buildings will have support holes in the corners of their bases. Why? For the Building Expansion Sets. They can sell a building per expansion or however they want to, but the building sets will consist of however many floors and there will be enuff supports to plug into the map boards to build it up. That way you can actually move your pieces up the floors as they go. The supports will have to be tall enuff to allow the pieces to stand and have a little extra room so that we can move them without problem. You can have stair pieces that you can put where ever you like and that can hold the figures, in case the door at the top of the steps has been locked or barricaded.

If you want to get into fire escapes, and lets face it... they are ALWAYS used, the escape will have to be able to attach to the building somehow, so that the floors can be rotated and made different each time the building is built. That might mean that it would be a plastic clip/ slide on piece.

This would make buildings pretty awesome, but it would also wreck the whole turn system as far as I can tell. I'll admit that I haven't played a 20 round game to see what the players might be able to accomplish, but I can do that over the next couple days. Watchmen02
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's