TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: doubles when add +1 to the roll.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, this is a question and a variant way of resolving a battle.
Lets say the hero rolls doubles 6’s and the zombie player also rolls a 6 then a hero card is played to add +1 to a hero’s fight dice roll. I allow the zombie to still be killed, even though technically the hero has roll a 7 and 6.
The deck also seems to be stacked against the heroes so this is a house rule I use.
Does anyone else play this way?
I've done it that they're then not doubles.
"If the Hero has a higher roll and has rolled doubles on any of their Fight Dice, the Zombie takes one wound." (LNoE pp 15).

I guess this would indicate that the *roll* is what matters.

I don't remember right now...don't have the game with me at work, but do the event cards, etc., affect the *roll*?

w.
My take is this: the term 'doubles' means two dice that show the same initial results. If you roll such, and later modify either die result with a bonus or penalty, then the final result will change, but 'doubles' are still scored.

2 and 3 are not doubles and a final result of 2 and 3
2 and 2 are doubles and a final result of 2 and 2
2 and 2(+1) are doubles and a final result of 2 and 3
When push comes to sove I tend to let the heroes have the kill, because 7 times out of 10 they lose.
As I despise all living things (depicted in games) or otherwise. I'd have to go with the rules on this one. The hero has fended them off. Zombie13
fended off.
Yeah they are no doubles, so fended off. Although as I always say, if all of your mates agree on your variant of it, no reason not to agree on it...
I will chime in as fended off. If the ZP rolls a 4 and you roll a 5 and 6, you modify +1 to make doubles, the zombie dies. Can't have your cake and eat it too.

I would also like to add, that combat is not resovlved untill all cards and modifiers are played. Then you compare the results. It's suppose to be hard on the heros. IT'S A GOD BLESSED ZOMBIE APOCOLYPSE!!
I did some checking of the FAQ and stand corrected. The status of 'doubles' are only noted AFTER all the bonus or penalties are setttled......as below:

"Q: There are cards, e.g. ‘Mr. Hyde, The Shop
Teacher’, that add or subtract 1 to a fight die. If
so, how does this affect doubles for getting
Zombie kills? e.g. if the Zombie rolls a 4 and the
Hero rolls a 4 and a 5, and then the Hero can
play a card to add 1 to a die, will this count as a
double 5 or are only ‘natural’ double rolls
counted for kills? And, if so, I guess can Zombie
cards that can do this (there aren't any currently
AFAIK) ‘cancel’ kill doubles rolled by the Heroes?"

"A: It does not need to be 'natural' doubles to wound a
Zombie. Cards like Mr. Hyde are really good for getting
that extra boost to give you the kill instead of just
Fending Off. Rolls are only taken into account when
you Resolve the Fight (after everyone is done playing
cards and using abilities). Until then, the rolls/results
may be altered around as much as the players want.
(The only exception to this is cards that have an
'instant' effect such as Meat Cleaver)."
Reference URL's