TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Combining Games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok... last night I got my base set and I was REAL excited for a couple reasons. First, LNoE was packaged so well, and it isn't a game that once you open it and play it that things are going to get damaged in the box just moving it around... NICE! The second thing was the quality of the map pieces. I was just hoping for prepared board, but the high quality maps made me seriously happy, and here's why.

I mentioned on another thread or 2 about using Space Hulk map pieces to make custom scenarios. I'll admit that getting a Space Hulk set isn't an easy thing, especially the older versions. However, they did do a re-release last year and the board pieces are close to identical in quality, if I'm not insane (I didn't pull my Space Hulk out to compare since I was too busy with the LNoE set. Watchmen02 ). If you have the set I have, the pieces will be nice and level. Now if you don't have the set, I have scans of the old boards from before the re-release. You'll just have to make your pieces...

There is also another neat aspect I might be able to toss in here for you guys. The Space Hulk boys are a little more... ummm... how do I put this? Militant... ya... that fits pretty well. Anyways, they have this guy that has this piece of software that allows them to arrange their map pieces to create custom maps and print them out. Wait... I see you're getting a little excited... there's more. He also made it possible to put figures on the map. Ok, so this is a good thing for Space Hulk and not so good for LNoE, since multiple figures can pile up in a square. Why am I bringing this up? Well, I know the guy. Not real well, but we worked on adjusting it for Battletech for a short time. I was helping in getting him Mechs to place on the maps. I was thinking of contacting him and seeing if he'd set up his program for LNoE, but I didn't want to do it if there wasn't any interest. There's no guarantee that I'll be able to get him to do it anyways.

Soooo... what do you guys think?
Basically, seeing if there'd be interest in a program that would allow one to make our own maps?

That'd be pretty cool, I think.
Pretty much... I sent the guy a PM on the board where I used to talk to him, so I'll see if he's still around, but I'm interested to see if there is interest in the mapping software.
I am waiting in my tomb staring at this modern electrical wonder to see what you come up with. Maybe there could be a new zombie or two down in the dripping sewer system or some well freaky Z's in the military base?
I want a graveyard map. Or maybe an abandoned (Resident Evil style) science lab.
Or even a cruise ship.
Or CDC Map with scenario.... ala WALKING DEAD Style! Would have to change zombie movement rules a bit but it could work....
Whoa... hold on, guys! What this guy can do for us is take our boards and put them into his program, so that you can select them and then place them... making a map that way. Making a map from scratch is a different program (which I just happen to have! Zombie17) all together. We can even put our figures and pogs/ punch outs in there so that we can place them too.

Altho... the CDC would be really kewl. Actually, a military choke point that was over run would be really kewl also. There's be a lot of supply pick ups there!!
Ok, I figured that instead of teasing you guys with all this talk that I would show you a couple examples of what the software can kick out. I'll put links in here instead of inserting the pictures... they were kinda big when I printed them out for game purposes.

http://www.terminalvelocitygames.com/ima...Harbor.jpg

http://www.terminalvelocitygames.com/ima...0Purge.jpg

Enjoy them!
Dig it!

I love Space Hulk! So it already gets thumbs from me!

Should be interesting to see if the heros have "no place to run!!"
*sigh* I guess that the guy doesn't go to that site anymore. What a shame. Well, I fiddle with it a little. I think I should be able to do something with it, but I see a problem already. The program is a grid system, which should make it easy to do what we need, but if I take scans of the boards and set them up correctly, I just need to figure out how to set them up in the grid system so they fit flush with each other. I really don't want to chop the "L" shaped pieces into thirds in order to buck them up against the center board on the corners. I'm sure it is some kind of formatting file that I'll have to find and adjust for our use.

Does anyone have a hi-res scanner in order to scan the pieces/ boards? I have a scanner, but my res is pretty standard.
Reference URL's