TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Rifle Butt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I was thinking of a rule tweak the other day...
What about rifle butting a zombies head to pieces?

Umm, I dont know about you but but if Im fighting a zombie and I have a Shotgun OR rifle and after I got done with my ranged shot... and now I'm in CQB.. guess what, somebodies head is splitting open like a ripe watermelon!

So, as a house rule, if said hero has Shotgun or Rifle our hero recieves a +1 to dice roll, during the ensuing fight for zombies in same spac;, as you hero sees fit for the kill OR to fend off! No extra dice or anything just enough to illustrate more than "just hands".

Any thoughts?
I might put in a chance to break the rifle if it's used in close combat. Just to balance the boost it's given. Like... after using, roll a D6. If the result is a 1, the rifle breaks.
(04-14-2011 08:14 PM)gavindowning Wrote: [ -> ]I might put in a chance to break the rifle if it's used in close combat. Just to balance the boost it's given. Like... after using, roll a D6. If the result is a 1, the rifle breaks.

Good Call,
Then you also loose the opportunity of another ranged shot, so its a bit of a call for the Hero player... I like it
I like this with the break roll. Could it be used to pistol-whip with the revolver as well? The only other problem I see is that it gives a melee and ranged bonus while taking up only one inventory slot. It makes it pretty powerful.
Yeah, maybe if you handicap it by considering the rifle two-handed (which it should be, but that idea wasn't implemented yet) and require a break roll, I'd say it's a good variant for the rifle. Don't think a pistol would do much as a close combat weapon, up in the air on whether or not the shotgun could fall under this rules variant or not, I'm leaning towards 'no', though.
how about making the melee "Butt-stock" attack a special rule, it can only be preformed by a single individual trained into attacking with ranged weapons as melee weapons. i say this because then melee weapons are useless, because once you have a gun, a cleaver seems useless. now i would also say that he get an extra dice when attacking.
Well your ranged attack phase is your only moment firing a gun....

You could for instance instead of allowing
Shooting + Melee Bonus...

Demand the ranged phase is unused and after the use of the gun demand a regular ammo roll.

Conceding +1 to any fight roll as you said...

Doing this way you aren't allowing extra shots which is strictly forbidden in last night on earth. You aren't giving the guns an amazing bonus such as shooting and melee.
"turn the card upside down" once it breaks and only then can you use it as a melee weapon, if you choose. (Or discard normally when out of ammo). Too risky to use it as a melee when you still have bullets.
Great idea mqstout...

In my games i will use the following...

Once without ammo guns are turned sideways and can provide +1 to any single fight dice roll. Breaks on the roll of 1.

If ammo is founded may be discarded to reload the weapon.
So...wait a minute. Now your adding a new weapon to the game. One that is melee and ranged. Hey wow thats pretty sweet, and it only breaks on a 1 in 6 chance. Thats pretty kewl.

Thats an awesome idea. You get a plus 1 bonus too. Ohh and instaed of discarding the item, you can hold on to it till you find ammo. SWEET !!!

Can the Rifle Butt work like a Baseball Bat ?

I have an idea, on a roll of 1, when it would normally be discarded. So when your using it to rifle butt or pistol whip. The Hero didnt realize there was a bullet in the chamber, and blows their own head off ? Seems fair to me Watchmen02

OR what if every Zombie with Gold Teeth gets an extra fight dice ? That seems like a nice balance to your new weapon Watchmen02

OR what if Zombies got a Spit/Slime/Blood Spray Ranged attack of 1 space. Hits on a 4+, that hero is now infected. Next wound their a Zombie.

That seems fair Watchmen02

OK Ok. So yes, i disagree.

If the Hero is using a Ranged Weapon that has no AMMO, as a Melee weapon. Instaed of it breaking on a 1.

When rolling to Hit, The Zombie grabs it on a roll of 1, 2 or 3, and permanetly discards its (as in from the game) Hits on a 4, 5 or 6.

Other wise your are creating a very very very powered weapon.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's